Bachman Speed Controller Problems (16 VAC Transformers)

Started by nymazer, November 29, 2008, 03:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nymazer

We bought a Santa Fe Flyer HO Scale Train Set (Iyrm # 00647) for Christmas two years ago.  The speed controller (item #46605A) worked for a few months, and then the accessories connectors stopped powering the track.  I have two questions.  Short of another $40, where can I get a new one?  If the accessories connectors do not work, can I use the extra plug (which we lost) to still drive the train?

jayl1

I would suggest investing in a better power pack.  MRC (Model Rectifier Company)  makes a very good product.  It will have connections for both the train & the accessories.  Check www.walthers.com for prices & support a local shop.  Perhaps a discount would be in order locally.

the Bach-man

Dear NY,
A new power pack might be a good idea, and MRC makes excellent packs. However, if you've been powering your train through the Accessory connectors (ie, the AC terminals) it's unfortunately very likely that you've burned out your loco. I'd take the whole shooting match to a local hobby shop and have them test each component- they'll tell you what you need.
Have fun!
the Bach-man