News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

heavy mountain and DCC

Started by lmackattack, November 30, 2008, 01:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmackattack

Can you set up this engine to have a firebox flicker? Basicly I would like to know if the firebox light is on a seprate wire that can be accessed thru the decoder?

also is there a motor upgrade for this engine. Mine seams to slow drasticly when pulling a heavy train up any incline or in a curve. I know a loss of speed is normal but This engine will slow about 15 scale MPH and the chuff is way ot of time.

Thanks
Trent

chesapeake chaney

I am very disappointed in my 4-8-2 heavy.  My thread is the one about mrc compatabilty.  The engine is a dog and i can't get the lights to work.  It stalls on clean track and I am thinking about sending it to bachman as a piece of junk.  Do you have any ideas about programming the cv's to make it run better.  Brian

lmackattack

Hello

I have not used any MRC decoders but I have heard that the are not the greatest. I also heard that you cant read them back? If this engine was DCC ready a digitrax decoder might be a better option if you have a program track to read decoders??
I installed a Soundtraxx decoder and had to program it to get The headlight to work properly. It is a LED so depending on the decoder you will have to tell it that you have an led. Function 5 turns the light on and function 7 dims the light. I then set it up so that only in forward the light is on.  It was a PITA to configure but It works now. The track pickup is very poor and I had to make adjustments to both the tender and engine. the engine is one of the worst designes I have seen. The little tabs bend and get cought in the drivers to reduce this I removed the axel cover and re bent the tabs to make better contact. wile this cover is off i pulled the maindriver out and made the spring that pushes it down a little stiffer so that the wobble was reduced. at this time I also removed as much of the stock grease and installed proper lube.

hope this helps
Trent