News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Large 4-6-0 Batt operated

Started by wanabeloco, November 19, 2008, 04:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wanabeloco

I have a Bachman 4-6-0 Big Houler, and is battery operated (6 cell "D" batterys) the transmiter is run by one 9v battery, ow this is the question.
The transmiter lights up on the on position, and the light on the Engine lights up also, but there  is no reaction in the motor could you help me find out whats the reason?

Loco Bill Canelos

I haven't had one of this type of loco for many years.  What I do remember is that it matters what you turn on first, just not the correct order. try turning on the transmitter first  thenm the loco, if that doesn't work try the loco first then the transmitter.  If neither works, It is either a bad transmitter, bad receiver,  broken gear, or bad motor.  Make sure the batteries are very fresh.  This engine sucks the batteries dry very quickly.  A weak battery in the transmitter is also a problem.

I wish I could help more, but without a look at the loco it is pretty hard to.  Maybe someone else has more ideas.

Best of luck.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

altterrain

I had one of these. There is a switch or two on the back end near the cab. Try those. Also my switches got rusty inside. A squirt of WD-40 and wiggling back and forth did the trick.

-Brian
President of

spla13

i also had the same problem and it was a dirty switch.