News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

big hauler "reading"- what set?

Started by maxxx, November 24, 2008, 01:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxxx

i just saw a unnumbered "golden classic" set on ebay. the road name on the photo of the coaches is unclear, but on the tender it says "reading"    Is this a conventional golden classic set or a modificated road name?

Mark Oles

There was a Reading set sold on QVC called King Koal, with two green coaches, Harrisburg and Lebanon.  Bill can probably give you a lot more details than that...

Loco Bill Canelos

It was originally a special run set for Boscov's Department stores in 2000.  It was issued much later than the other Golden Classic sets.  the production run was 1500 set.  This is one of the prettiest set I have seen.   The locomotive is a version 5 chassis and is the only one ever with the version 5.  It usually goes for a very high price on EBay so Good luck bidding.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

maxxx

thank you! and congratulations for your profound knowledge!

maxxx

:D at last got one of this sets from ebay. and it was really cheap for european standards. (less than the lousiest little LGB second-hand loco) i am sure its the only one in my country and you have been right- its a great set. and now i promise solemnly to stop buying sets from oversea.. ( well except if i can get this nice  little woodburner to complete my loco collection or the missing baggage cars or this additional liberty bell express car or....) h-e-l-p---

Loco Bill

HI,  Maxxx,

Glad you finally got one, it is a good time to buy on Ebay, everything is going for less these days. 

Be sure to lube it well and grease the drive gear!  If you do not overload it and keep  it lubed you should get good service out of it!!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products