HO Scale Isaly's for Pittsburghers

Started by Bruzilla, November 25, 2008, 01:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruzilla

Having grown up in Pittsburgh, I was thrilled to see that MTH had released an Isaly's store, but not so thrilled to see it was O scale only.  I really wanted an Isaly's store under the tree, and with my platform being all HO the MTH building was out.  I got a hold of a well-worn Plasticville supermarket (three windows and door on the right), and shaved off the Plasticville and Supermarket writing.  I then made a new window insert strip that has posters for Klondikes, Skyscrapers, and chipped ham in the windows, and Isaly's decals for the front and vertical sign post.

If anyone is interested in the decals, I can send you a PowerPoint file that has them.  If you can open and print a PowerPoint presentation you can print them out.

Paul M.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Santa Fe buff

I agree with Paul M.,
Do you have any pictures of this Isaly's store you made? I would like to see what it looks like, even though I'm positive you did a splendid job of it. I don't know what an Isaly's store looks like, but I'm willing to look into it. I don't have PowerPoint, but thankfully, I do have PowerPoint Viewer 2003. So I think I can view the decals. Please send them to jbwinterstorm@yahoo.com. I'm interesting in see both your model, and the decals.

Josh
- Joshua Bauer

Paul M.

If you have photos of the model, you can email them to me at texas-pacific@sbcglobal.net and I'll be happy to upload them to a photo hosting site for viewing on the board.
-Paul

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

jward

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

simkon

Islay's also had a couple locations in Youngstown, Ohio. I'd like to see it in HO too!