E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

ebtnut

Re:  Early EBT--FWIW, MMI is supposed to release a model of a C-19 this summer in On3 and On30.  List price is about $450.  A bit of history of EBT 7:  It was built as a copy of the D&RG engines, but came with a capped stack instead of a diamond stack.  It ran pretty much stock into the 1900's.  In 1907 she got caught in a shop fire, which destroyed the cab and did other damage.  The engine was rebuilt with a new steel cab of the same design as the Mikes have today.  She was sold to the OR&W in 1913, and survived there till the end in 1936.  At some point, the main rod was moved from the second to the third axle, and she acquired a new tender (maybe on the OR&W).  So far as we know, the engine kept the Eames vacuum brake system throughout her life.  

wade

My vote is for more SR&RL equipment. I would also be interested in any of the Ma&Pa narrow gauge predesessor's equipmeent, in particular the Peach Bottom Forney.
P.S.- Could someone tell me where the spell check is?
Wade
Wade

wade

Opps-I ment Peach Bottom Mason-Bogie.
Wade
Wade

Woody Elmore

Sorry to have injected the Carter Brothers plug in this board.

I think SRRL or other Maine rolling stock would be a nice complement to the Forneys. I have been agitating for a model of SR&RL prairie # 24 for a while. I bet EBT steel box cars would also be well received.

Dusten Barefoot

This did'nt kick off like I planned. Get some topics going or something. ;)
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
www.tweetsierailroad.com
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

The Old Fardt

On30 has a very small part of the train hobby and manufacturers have to figure what will sell so that they can make some money. SR&RL is a fine line to model but not everyone cares for that line. If I was investing $$ , I sure would not consider making every line and railroad equipment as some would be losers. Most On30 manufactures look at D&RGW and the logging items but the rest is a crap shoot..
Now what would you invest your  $$ in and sell ? I just might be interested !
Cheers,

ebtbob

Good Afternoon,

While the manufactures may look at Colorado(DRGW) narrow gauge and logging for On30 items,   I would love to know how well the EBT two bay steel hoppers did in comparison to the other road names,  and the EBT galloping goose from Precision Craft was an extremely good seller even though the EBT never had anything close to resembling the goose.
       No,   I think the past two years has proven that Eastern narrow gauge can and will sell,  so I hope the manufacturers step up and get the equipment out to the buying public.
       One more thought.   I was in a local hobby shop today looking at car and truck models.    What I saw was models in 1/72 scale,  1/35 scale,  and 1/25th scale.   I think many of these manufactures are missing out on a great niche by not offering things such as autos and trucks in either 1/48 or 1/50 scale.   Right now,   Athearn - of all people is doing things in 1/50 scale.    Now,  I know that there is quite a bit out there in 1/43,   but once you see 1/43 next to true 1/48 scale or 1/50 scale,  then you realize,  as a scale modeler,  how out of size to the large side,  1/43 scale really is.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

ksivils

I think there are several EBT prototypes that would sell well and not to just EBT fans, but the many freelancers in the On30 world of modeling.

The steel box cars would do well I believe - Bachmann would probably have to use some creative modeling license (sp?) and reduce it in size - so let's call it a EBT styled steel box car.

Given the popularity of the Goose in EBT styled lettering, the actual EBT railbus, I think it is M-1 or M-3? would be wildly popular and serve as the starting point for countless kitbashes and repaint jobs by the freelance modelers.

Finally, an EBT caboose would be popular as a larger caboose to serve as an alternative to the small caboose Bachmann produces.

I also think that for a really cool alternative piece of passenger equipment, the Lawndale combine would be great.

My last suggestion would be a neat alternative and the western modelers would love it as well - the closed vestibule coach on the Linville River/ET&WNC.  The western guys could use it as a means to obtain a "San Juan-like" set of cars and the freelancers and easter narrow gauge guys could have a neat and modern piece of narrow gauge varnish.

I would buy all of the above if put into production.  Just my several cents on the matter.

ksivils

I forgot to add a SR&RL pulpwood rack.  Would be easy for Bachmann I would think - just add the rack to the existing production flat. 

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

One of the above listed items that was mentioned as a possible good selling item from EBT is going to happen and by two different manufacturers.
       The EBT caboose will soon be available from both Deerfield River Laser and BTS.   On the BTS site there is a pic of the unfinished,  but assemble body,  sans roof.   The DRL model should be ready around third week of May as Ed,  the owner has told me he is pushing hard to have the car ready for the Kimberton, Pa Narrow Gauge Modular Meet ,  third weekend in May.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Dusten Barefoot

I think great selling items would be some open coaches such as the one's used on the ET&WNC RR in the 20s and 30s on trains heading to boone and hitting the fishing hole on the way there and back for a little rest and fun and also I think bachmann should produces people figures in O-scale as well such as the locomotive crew and other people figures in O-scale. I would like to see some civil war figures in O-scale but narrow gauge wont even herd of till 1866 after the civil war but then again there was renagades out still fighting ::)
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
www.tweetsierailroad.com
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

ebtnut

Arttista makes a very good line of 1/48 figures, most pre-painted.  I heartily second the motion for some true 1/48 vehicles.  Aside from some very hard to find Revell and Monogram kits from the '60's, and a few case metal old-time vehicle kits, there is virtually nothing out there.  I've got a pile of the 1/43 vehicles because that's what's been available for my early '50's era pike.  Sure would like to see a Ford Model A, a '49 Ford, a 55 Chevy, a nice "woody", an early '50's pick-up (make not important).  You get the idea.  Let's not see "rare" or "high-end" vehicles--imports, Caddilacs, Edsels, and other stuff that the large bulk of working folk would not be driving.  I happen to think that Bachmann could open up a whole new market by doing a line of scale vintage vehicles that just happen to be compatible with their On30 line!  (Hint, hint!!)

wade

Quote from: old fardt on March 24, 2007, 05:37:46 PM
On30 has a very small part of the train hobby and manufacturers have to figure what will sell so that they can make some money. SR&RL is a fine line to model but not everyone cares for that line. If I was investing $$ , I sure would not consider making every line and railroad equipment as some would be losers. Most On30 manufactures look at D&RGW and the logging items but the rest is a crap shoot..
Now what would you invest your  $$ in and sell ? I just might be interested !
Cheers,
Good point. Bach Man, could you tell us how well the Forneys sold?
My guess is they sold very well. My reasoning is there seems to be some correlation between the exposure of the railroad to the public and what models sell (seems obvious). The Western narrow gauges have many museums and the like therefore many people model them. Model manufacturers have helped to grow "the western narrow gauge scene" by filling the demand which in turn creates more demand simply by being available (more exposure). Eastern narrow gauge modeling has been slower to grow seemingly due to its lack of exposure (most were abandoned or standard gauged leaving less for us to see today). However, the few remaining are closer to much more population than the Western narrow gauges. Here is the hungry market, I think. The more produced, the more it will grow too.
  Then again I am biased. I think the Western scene is fascinating (in particular the DSP&P) but I am from the East.
Earlier in this thread I mentioned the Peach Bottom Mason-Bogie. It was an 0-6-6, very similar to Western, Pacific Coast and Midwest Masons. I would invest in an On30 plastic model of this type so that hopefully it could be produced at a price as to allow kitbashers to also have fun. I think SR&RL, EBT and ET&WNC  power and rolling stock could also go far.
   Thanks for your attention Bachmann and members, Sorry for the long-windedness.
      Wade     
Wade

Royce Wilson

Yeah, a Mason Bogie!
                           Royce Wilson :)