News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Just A Matter Of Time?

Started by Lighthorseman, December 13, 2008, 03:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthorseman

I noticed that Bachmann has a really nice 1:20.3 model of a 2-6-6-2 logger available.  Anyone besides me wondering how long that it will take to produce one in On30?

I'm already saving up.

max (uk)

Well, it is exactly what im looking for in a On30 logging and mining mallat.

Should I start saving up too?  ;)

Hamish K

Personally, if an ON30 mallet was to be produced I would prefer a model of an actual locomotive rather than a proposal that was never built. (I know, quite a few people don't mind this, I do.) The only USA narrow gauge mallets were the Sumpter Valley ones, and these are coming from another maker. However USA builders did make mallets for export, see http://loggingmallets.railfan.net/export/exportlist.htm for a list. My favourite is  http://loggingmallets.railfan.net/export/pics/d-ia9.gif, a thirty inch gauge loco, but several of the others  would also be  good choices.

Hamish

Tomcat

The Fn3 Scale Engine would be the right logger for me...

BUT: Bach Man - No definitely not want to beat that ol´Horse again, but I´d love to see a Heisler or a bigger Shay one day. (Since we all know that you folks at Bachmann love geared Engines, I´m sure we will see one some day...) ;) ;) ;)

Cheers Tom :)

Frisco

I would love a mallet. The large scale one is nice but is one of the few locomotives that I would NOT buy, simply because I have no need. However I WOULD BUY SEVERAL  Uintah mallets. Yes I know MMI has announced this locomotive but they have not made it yet so if Bachmann started soon they could beet them to it. For those of you who do not know what it looks like here is a picture.     

Hamish K

For any-one not aware, the Unitah and Sumpter Valley mallets were the same locos - they were sold from Unitah to Sumpter Valley who converted them to tender locomotives. In my post I had meant to say the Unitah/Sumpter Valley locos but miss-typed. Both versions have been announced by MMI. Given the relatively small number of ready-to-run offerings in ON30 I would prefer not to see a duplication of prototypes by different manufacturers, though I know some don't agree on that.

Hamish

Frisco

Quote from: Hamish K on December 14, 2008, 06:08:23 PM
For any-one not aware, the Unitah and Sumpter Valley mallets were the same locos - they were sold from Unitah to Sumpter Valley who converted them to tender locomotives. In my post I had meant to say the Unitah/Sumpter Valley locos but miss-typed.
I knew this, I just forget to type it.