SUGGESTION FOR SEABOARD NW2

Started by Seaboard Air Line Fan, December 15, 2008, 10:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaboard Air Line Fan

There's a SAL NW2 in the Golden Memories Line that, while nice, the paint job is very un-propotypical.  Instead of blue/orange in ought to be black/red.

I'm not sure about the rest in the line but there may also be others that have "fantasy" paint schemes.

I suggest adding a correctly painted SAL NW2 to the Traditional Line.  I've seen a number of posts on other forums saying they would buy one IF the paint scheme was authentic.

While it's fairly easy for someone to repaint an engine, it's not so easy when it comes to finding the proper decals to apply once the paint job is complete.

Thanks,
Bob

3rail

Hi SAL fan,

Thanks for the suggestion, we will keep this road in mind for future runs.

Regards,

3rail

cpkoltz2002

Speaking of the SAL, maybe a GP38 in the lime green scheme would be pretty awesome too.

3rail

Hi cpkoltz2002,

We have made GP-38's and GP-9's in Seaboard in the past.  I looked on a couple of online sites including railpictures.net to find a lime green scheme that you were suggesting, but I could not find any pictures. 

Here are the schemes that we did in the past, but I would call this color green more of an olive green.   Please note, both locos are the same color green, photographs were taken at different exposure settings.  The GP-9 is closest to the actual color.

If you could provide links to some photos, we will add it to our list of future possibilities.

GP-9

GP-38

Regards,
3rail

cpkoltz2002

3 Rail-I have mailed you the November/December 1998 issue of Diesel Era which shows lime green GP40's.The color scheme ran from May 1966 up to the merger with the ACL.

3rail

Hi cpkoltz2002,

Did you email it or send it US Postal service?  I did not get any email.

Regards,

3rail

cpkoltz2002

Seaboard Air Line Fan

Thanks for the reply!!!  It's good to see a manufacturer take an interest in the smaller, not as popular, RRs.

Here's a link that shows a SAL GP40 in the "Jolly Green Giant" paint scheme:

http://www.blwnscale.com/Atlas%20GP40.htm

It's down near the bottom of the page, I've seen it called "Apple Green" as well.

Here's a link to what I think are HO models of SAL engines that shows a variety of paint schemes:

http://www.jacksonvilleterminal.com/seaboard_locomotives.htm

The "Citrus" paint scheme is most appealing!!!