making parts available from Bachmann

Started by Paul W., March 15, 2007, 06:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul W.

Mr Bach Man,
I know this has been brought up before (several times), but has any more thought been put into making old loco's or parts available for purchase. I for one would love to purchase old loco's that were turned in for warranty issues, and use them for parts. I've been able to pick up some at different locations, but having a place we could look first would be great!
Bachmann could actually make money on something that is getting thrown in the dumpster out back. People could purchase a engine and tender, that doesn't run, and use it as a static model on their layout. If the fear of warranty fraud is an issue, have the folks that work on them to something drastic like cut a huge hole in the bottom to prove it can't come back for service work.
I know I may be just be wasting my time, but I'm in the middle of a project where extra parts would come in very handy.

Thanks for once again listening.
Happy Steamin'

Paul

rogertra

They probably don't sell parts because Kader are in the toy train business while most of us are model railroaders.

Kader probably just see their products as expendable toys that will be replaced when broken rather than repaired, kitbash, weathered, detailed and cherished as models.

the Bach-man

Dear Paul,
I'll mention it again.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

SteamGene

It sounds like Mr. B is as frustrated as we are.  Perhaps if we were to all gather in Philadelphia on 4 July, 2007....  I know that "We want Parts!" is not as noble as "When in the course of Human Events..." but a little demonstration would be fun.   We could then go ride the Strasburg. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Atlantic Central

My offer still stands to enter into negotations over some sort of seperate but offical parts distribution company that could salvage the warranty returns and possibly sell whatever parts Bachmann can smuggle out of China. Lee is welcome to give me a call.

Sheldon

Terry Toenges

Gene,
Demonstrations against a Chinese company? Remember Tiennemen(sp?) Square?
Feel like a Mogul.

SteamGene

One guy stopping a whole line of T-55s?  Yeah.  Grande cajons!
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

rogertra

Quote from: SteamGene on March 17, 2007, 04:18:10 PM
One guy stopping a whole line of T-55s?  Yeah.  Grande cajons!
Gene

That was probably the bravest act I have even seen.  A man armed only with briefcase stopping a line of tanks in a country with no history of human rights.

Wonder what happened to him after he was carted off?

Paul W.

Mr. Bach-man,
Thanks again for taking this forward.

Gene,
It would actually be neat to get a bunch of us together and actually meet. As for the Strasburg, name the time, I'm there many times throughout the year! My wife and I are members of the RR Museum across the street.

Happy Steamin'

Paul