News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 Christmas Trolley set

Started by All-Trains, December 17, 2008, 01:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

All-Trains

Hi;

I have an On30 trolley set that goes out from a train shed, along some track pieces, and then stops at a bumper. After a set time limit, the trolley reverses and goes back into the shed and parks for a set time.
   My transformer that plugs into the wall and connects to the back of the train shed, did not work any more after last Christmas, and was thrown away. I need to get a new one, but do not know what ( voltage and if it was AC or DC ), that it put out when it was working properly. Would you happen to know? Also, is that something I can purchase from the factory, and what would it cost?
  I have seen different styles/ kinds of these at some of the stores around here, but want to get the right one, so the power supply/shed is not damaged.

Thank you for any help in this matter;    Dan

tomplatten

The trolley uses a 7.5 volt power supply. If you are like me, I have accumulated many similar power supply adapters over the years. Check the voltage on the adapter to see if it is 7.5 to 9 volts and will plug into the shed! I fit does it will probably work. I upgraded mine from the original power supply to a 9 volt power supply to give the trolley a bit more speed!

Frisco

Just make sure that you get a DC one and not AC as it will damage the trolley.

tomplatten

Read the info on the adapter. It will tell you whether it puts out AC or DC. If the info is missing --don't use unless you can check it with a VOM meter!