News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z TRACK

Started by wyatt, December 18, 2008, 02:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyatt

I have just bought my son a train. think there is something wrong with it. it will not move till the the power is on 35% and at 100% its not that fast at all. i have tryed calling the 1800 # the last 3 days and nothing. thanks gor any help u can give me

Hunt

What is the Bachmann Item No. (on the box) of the train you purchased?

wyatt

Hunt

That set has a 0-6-0 steam locomotive with operating smoke.

Follow the Break-in-Period instructions. The smoke unit does not have an on/off switch so be sure to place a few drops of smoke fluid down the smoke stack else you will damage the smoke unit.

wyatt

thanks i have not used the smoke yet. still low power on the train the light on the train will dim at times at full power and it will slow down

Guilford Guy

If the wires are screwed into the "A.C." Terminals on the powerpack, remove them, and place them on the "D.C." Terminals.
Alex

wyatt

Quote from: Guilford Guy on December 18, 2008, 06:30:23 PM
If the wires are screwed into the "A.C." Terminals on the powerpack, remove them, and place them on the "D.C." Terminals.
its a plug in

wyatt

Quote from: Hunt on December 18, 2008, 06:20:46 PM
Reseat all electrical connections.

Try this,

Wipe the rails of your track with Isopropyl Alcohol.

Cut a Handi Wipes® reusable disposable cloth or the like in four inch strips, do not use kitchen paper towel. Place one strip across the track and soak the cloth part over each rail with Isopropyl Alcohol.

Place some of the wheels on the wet cloth; the others on the track. Hold the locomotive with one hand and slowly turn up the power pack throttle to spin the wheels. When these wheels are clean, do the other wheels.

Spin the wheels on a clean dry cloth the remove to Isopropyl Alcohol residue. Also wipe the track with clean dry cloth.

thanks for the tip. ill go get some of that tomarrow and try that.

Johnson Bar Jeff

Good luck!

It's a terrible thing to get a train set at Christmas time only to find that it doesn't work right.

That's the quickest way I know to turn someone off to what could be a fun lifelong hobby.  :'(

wyatt

Quote from: Johnson Bar Jeff on December 19, 2008, 11:53:21 AM
Good luck!

It's a terrible thing to get a train set at Christmas time only to find that it doesn't work right.

That's the quickest way I know to turn someone off to what could be a fun lifelong hobby.  :'(
yes it is. im not going to stop with this set back. i may just go get a new power pack and try that