News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Possible New Gearded Locomotive

Started by Frisco, December 18, 2008, 10:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtnut

While a Class A Climax is neat, I don't see that anytime in the near future from Bachmann.  See the thread on Class A's for more discussion.

Tomcat

Old Westside Engine, when I got it right...?

Sure this would be a nice thing to have, but MMI has already announced exactly this kind of engine. So, acting wise, Bachmann would probably not bring the same prototype then.

But what about the Yosemite Sugar Pine RR´s other engine - which is slightly a bit smaller...? Well, to me it would be great to have the 36 tonner Bachmann once produced for Fn3, or the actual 38 tonner in On30. ;) ;) ;)

That would not just do the trick - this would make my day... ;D

Kind regards, Tom ;)

Tomcat

Hi there,
thank you, Superthomasfan for the pic´s you added:

No question, the Westside No.3 Heisler would be my favorite. ::) ::) ::)
I had quoted for this model a while before already.

Cheers, Tom

superthomasfan

Yeah. If Bachmann has made a heisler in G scale, no doubt they can make one in On30. ;D

drgw268

Quote from: Tomcat on January 25, 2009, 04:23:35 AM
Sure this would be a nice thing to have, but MMI has already announced exactly this kind of engine. So, acting wise, Bachmann would probably not bring the same prototype then.

MMI has removed almost all of their future On3/On30 releases from their webpage. 

And why should Bachmann be worried about MMI?  If/when MMI releases them, they'll be at least $700. 

Tomcat

Sure, drgw268 - but I would suggest, Bachmann would be sensitive about this issue: There are masses of prototypes out there, why make the same engine...?

A Bachmann model would be far better that the MMI engine, better running, cheaper...

Kind regards, Tom

superthomasfan

Quote from: drgw268 on January 25, 2009, 01:40:19 PM
Quote from: Tomcat on January 25, 2009, 04:23:35 AM

MMI has removed almost all of their future On3/On30 releases from their webpage. 

And why should Bachmann be worried about MMI?  If/when MMI releases them, they'll be at least $700. 

Why has MMI removed their future product releases?  ???
I hope there is nothing wrong.  :-\