News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

i am going to transform my layout

Started by HOplasserem80c, March 17, 2007, 12:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOplasserem80c

Ok i have a 4x6 layout and i want it to have scenery. Trees and stuff like that. I need so help on how to do this. I have 1/2 inch foam on my board

brad

Your best bet is to look through magazines and books on scenery. The scenery book by Dave Frary is probably one of the best around giving you step by step procedures to build very easy and realistic landscapes for your RR.

brad
I drempt, I planned, I'm building

Terry Toenges

Check the internet. There are dozens of sites.
Google - "model railroad scenery"
Feel like a Mogul.

jayl1

Try Woodland Scenics for plenty of items.

Guilford Guy

Best trees are the scenic express super trees, they make a large kit which is very well priced.
Alex

Jake

Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

Alex V.

Bachmann is coming out with a line of trees - I haven't seen any up close, but you might try them.
Alex - Owner/Operator
          Western Overland R.R.

SteamGene

Scenic Express trees are wonderful, but they are not for a beginner.  Woodland Scenics for kit trees, or just old Life Likes to begin.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

HOplasserem80c

Ok i think i will go with Woodland Scenics. I think i am gonna go pick up so elm trees and some e-z mate track.

SteamGene

Oh.  Regressing.  Look to thy letters, sirrah.  Thou canst do better.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Nigel

Get the March and April 2007 issues of Railroad Model Craftsman (RMC) magazine.  They have a two part article on building a 4x6 layout, including the scenery.
Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955

Paul M.

Quote from: HOplasserem80c on March 17, 2007, 05:05:28 PM
Ok i think i will go with Woodland Scenics. I think i am gonna go pick up so elm trees and some e-z mate track.

E-Z mate is Bachmann's brand of coupler. E-Z track is their brand of track. I think you mean E-Z track. ;)

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific