News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

White Pass and Yukon models

Started by jestor, December 23, 2008, 10:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatzi473

the bman 2-8-0 is pretty close to what WP&Y 69 is. I know its not exact but you can come out with a 2-8-0 with WP&Y lettering

justintexan

Dear Bachmann, I agree, we need the White Pass in On30. I was shocked last year when no WP&Y models were announced. If you ever visited the WP&Y you understand the allure of the equipment and the beauty that this road encompasses not only in geography, but the paint schemes combined with the ruggedness of the diesels and steamers that serve this historic line. Also of note is the ebaY factor that proves the WP&Y still draws high bids for "toy-like" LGB trains and photodocuments. Not only could Bachmann model the modern equipment which includes the worlds first intermodal operations (Yes, WP&Y was indeed the first) and beautiful "snow fighting" plows, but the historic value of the U.S. Army steamers and troop/army tank trains (how cool would a solid military train be?). Don't forget some of the most beautiful structures in the entire world that would be so simple to recreate. This could be a "Gold mine" to be certain. One last note, Railmasters of New Zealand have built nearly all of the WP&Y's modern fleet of diesels and steamers and rolling stock in Sn3 and the stuff sells fast whenever you can find it, should stand to reason that if they made such a large selection of equipment they must have sold quite well..? Please believe me-"they're not (Railmasters) inexpensive or cheap.  Well, that's all I got, so here's to hoping you folks build it-then the rest of us can purchase it. Sincerely Justin