News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

n scale steam engines

Started by adamski, March 18, 2007, 01:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamski

hello all,ihave some n scale steam engines i purchased 6 or 7 years ago,i heve only used each a few times,the rear wheels keep falling off,the wheel comes out with a stem attached,has anyone had this problem?,any help would be greatly appreciated,thanks

James in FL

Quote,the rear wheels keep falling off,the wheel comes out with a stem attached

I’m going to take a “wag” here and assume you are speaking of the trailing truck.
One wheel falls free while the other stays attached to the axle (stem).

My first fix for this scenario would be to replace the wheel set.
The second would be to ACC the wheel in place, in gauge, on the axle.

brokemoto

What manufacturer is it?

Which locomotive is it?

Is it the aft drivers or the trailing truck/wheels?

Is it the aft wheels on the tender?  (This assumes, of course, that a tank locomotive is not what is under discussion.   If it is, in fact, a tank locomotive, please state that).

Please be specific. 

Examples:

If it is a B-mann 2-8-0, is it SPECTRUM or Standard Line?

If it is a B-mann 0-4-0, is it the 0-4-0T (tank switcher) or 0-4-0 with the tender?

If it is a Model Power or Rivarossi 2-8-2 or 4-6-2, what tender does it have?

If it is the RR USRA 2-8-2, is it a light or heavy 2-8-2?

If it is the MP 2-6-0, what tender does it have?

If it is the B-personn 4-8-4, what tender does it have and is the tender electrically live?

If it is the B-mann Standard Line 2-8-2 or 2-8-0, what tender does it have?

If it is the RR 4-6-6-4 or 2-8-8-0, what tender does it have?

We would be delighted to help, we just need some specifics to give the best answers.

adamski

hello,1 is a bachmann n-scale,J 4-8-4,another is a bachmann n scale 2-8-0,it is the right rear wheel of the 8 center wheels that comes out,thanks

Franz T

B'mann has a lifetime warranty on their engines. Send them back for repair. If, as you said, you purchased them 6-7 years ago, I assume they are not Spectrums. You need to include $15.00 per engine. Three years ago I sent back a 2-8-0 I purchased in the early 80's and it was replaced with a new Spectrum 2-8-0. Kind of like sending a 20year old Chevy to your GM Dealer and getting back a brand new Caddy.. ;D
See B'mann's website for shipping info...

Franz T

GlennW

That's a Great Deal if you can get a new steamer for $15, even $20 with s/h. You may be lucky to find NIB 0-6-0 or 2-6-2's for $30. TrainWorld has some old MDC 2-6-0's for $50, but you must call NY for them.

adamski

thanks for the help,much appreciated :)