Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Name That Locomotive Game

Started by westsidelumber12, January 04, 2009, 01:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtlatc

MBTA
GP40MC
Unit is a rebuild of former CN GP40-2LW 9598.

Guilford Guy

Alex

mtlatc

I tied to post mine and got this:

The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.

File is only 55 KB.

Anyone know how to contact the administrator?

Santa Fe buff

I just register on Photobucket- they host your images for free!

Josh
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

Looks Russian, but the cab looks German.
Russiany? Germsia?
Alex

mtlatc

Was built by the Germans for someone.

westsidelumber12

I don't know diesels but i might know this one.....er........thats a N&W J class!!!  ;D but uh really........

Class: DR  ???
Road # 123 Sesame Street  :P
Santa Fe ALL The Way

Its true....

Guilford Guy

DR was German State Railways, Germany IIRC didn't use letters as classification numbers. Example Class 50/51 2-10-0s.
Alex

mtlatc

GG is correct. It is not a N&W J Class. 

Hint: Only 12 were built.

Dr EMD

Hint....

Only 10 engines were built and delivered in the end of 1942 - beginning of 1943, so the total number of the new BDZ class 03 remained 12 engines.

Dr EMD.
Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)

westsidelumber12

So its a: BDZ class German loco?
Santa Fe ALL The Way

Its true....

mtlatc

Dr. EMD

That's not a hint, that's a quote from Wikipidiea!

Here is the rest of the quote so everyone has the anwser

From Wiki

"Bulgaria

In 1941 Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) placed order against Henschel & Sohn - Kassel (Germany) for building of 50 standard gauge (1435mm) express passenger locomotives of type 2'D1'h3S (wheel arrangement 2-4-1, simple steam expansion, superheating, 3-cylinder, fast train service), capable to haul heavy passenger trains through highly varied, often severe profiles of Bulgarian main lines with gradients up to 28‰ (1 in 35.7). First two engines delivered by the end of 1941 very quickly proved their perfect qualities as well as the correctness of the specification made by BDZ engineers, already having experience with insufficient power and some constructive problems of classes 01 (1'D1'h2S) and 02 (1'D1'h3S). Next year the mass production began, but alas, was interrupted by war restrictions introduced by German authorities, and subsequently the delivery was totally canceled. Only 10 engines were built and delivered in the end of 1942 - beginning of 1943, so the total number of the new BDZ class 03 remained 12 engines (03.01 - 03.12). After 1958 all of them gradually were converted to mixed fuel oil and coal firing, which resulted in improved steam production and facilitated service especially on mountainous lines. For about 35 years of use they showed excellent performance and minor problems (oval wearing of leading axle's inside crank). One of these machines, 03.12 (serial No. 26575) after factory repair was preserved in perfect condition in the depot of Gorna Oryahovitsa [1] and is to be returned to operation under steam for tourist trains."

Road # was BDZ 30.6

Who's next?

Santa Fe buff

Wait, does this mean I can go?

Josh
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

The winner goes. The question remains, who is the winner?
Alex