What nails for tacking HO and N EZ Track down?

Started by Billiumss, January 08, 2009, 03:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billiumss

I'm going to be building a small multi gauge layout soon and was wonder what are the proper nails/brads for HO and N EZ track.

I'm guessing I need the smallest diameter 1/2" long nail for the N scale EZ track and probably 3/4" long nail for the HO EZ Track.

My local hobby store only has nails for the regular track.

Anyone know the exact size I need for both track sizes?

Bill

THB-DAVE

Hi Bill: dont use nails to hold down the roadbed or track use glue, its the better way to do it. I use No More Nails Glue for both the roadbed and track. Construction adhesive PL 300 is also a great glue to use for Construction foam or for roadbed and track. Use T pins to hold the flex track or sectional in place until the glue cures. If your using a foam base nails dont work very well or on homasote

Dave

James in FL

Consider Aleens Tacky glue if using EZ Track.
If you change your mind about track plans its removable with little effort.

Billiumss

its going to go on plywood with somekind of covering, maybe indoor outdoor carpet, fabric from Joanne Fabrics, or the fake green paper, which ever is cheapest.

It's going to be more permanent as we dont have a basement and have limited space in our house.

Bill

Paul M.

There's a method for creating realistic grass out of fabric like felt that's pretty cheap in one of the Robert Schleicher scenery books, definitely go with the fabric.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific