News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Home projects

Started by Sodor Perfection, January 10, 2009, 01:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diesel #261

Yes, I saw your Henrietta. :P  Good thing Bachmann made her, because mine would have been worse. :D
"Shaking and spluttering, the diesel stopped."

Sodor Perfection

Breakdown 'Works Unit' mock up, not the best it could be but it'll get there.

Above is the orginal series version for comparison, no contest really but until Bachmann or someone else produces there own it'll have to do.

Final 'Works Unit' model is in production, this will have a better finish and decals for the lettering on the coach sides.

And Edward's Branch line Coaches;

More updates coming soon...

StanierJack

Hi mate.

I'm loving these models. A lot of time and effort went into these.

10/10

BTW, I have a forum for modelling TTTE, care to show your work there?

http://sodormodelling.proboards.com/index.cgi

Cheeky_ULP

Mate I love your models.  :P I wasn't expecting the old coaches from Season 1, they look grand!

Sodor Perfection

Here's the finished model of the Breakdown Crane Works Unit;

The Chaz Storm

Sorry I never posted sooner, but I LOVE what you have done so far with your modeling! :D 

The Breakdown Crane Works Unit looks fantastic, I especially love the weathering and detail you gave it.  Looks great with your breakdown train too. 

All of your work is great, my personal favorite though is your old coaches from Season 1.  Like Sparks said, I didn't expect them coming out either but they look awesome! 

Keep up the good work mate. :)

Sodor Perfection

Thanks for your reply Chaz, yours and others encourage me to carry on...if you or anybody has any suggestions for my next project then please let me know and I'll get on it.

Thanks again.

The Chaz Storm

No problem, I always love encouraging modelers to do their best with projects. :)  Anyways I don't have any requests, in fact in all honesty if you didn't make the old coaches from the first season I would have suggested that. :P  If you would like a suggestion how about Henry's log car with a log load.  I think it would be really interesting to see how that would turn out, seeing how well your other projects have turned out in the past.

And no problem, your collection of models is amazing and I am very impressed. :)

StanierJack

That is a nice model.

I'd love to see you do a model of Old Slow Coach... [/hint]

ThomasFan247

I think Rocky would be AWESOME!!!!!! BTW I LOVE your models!!! They're fantastic!!! Did you use the tomy works unit coach?

Cheeky_ULP

Rocky would be a bit big of a project. :P

If we're speaking on engines, I'd like to see you take a shot at Arthur. Dunno why, but seems to be a project that you would do. :P

Sodor Perfection

I used the wheels from an Annie/Clarabel coach, and made the rest from card, in much the same way I made the extension section for the Red Branch line coach.

The log flat bed trucks and Arthur I think are possible and I don't want to be black balled but I think that Hornby's version of Old Slow Coach is pretty good, but I think that Rocky is just a little too ambitious (but you never know).

Any more suggestions? and I won't shoot all them down...

The Chaz Storm

Awesome, and I can't think of anymore at the moment honestly.  Rocky does sound like a challenging project I agree with that one. :P  The Hornby Old Slow coach model is a great model, really accurate wouldn't hurt to see how you would do with making one. 

Also once you make plans for Arthur and the log flat bed trucks, I wish you the best of luck. :)

StanierJack

Quote from: Sodor Perfection on February 16, 2009, 01:26:00 PM
I used the wheels from an Annie/Clarabel coach, and made the rest from card, in much the same way I made the extension section for the Red Branch line coach.

The log flat bed trucks and Arthur I think are possible and I don't want to be black balled but I think that Hornby's version of Old Slow Coach is pretty good, but I think that Rocky is just a little too ambitious (but you never know).

Any more suggestions? and I won't shoot all them down...

Mate it's ok. I forgot Hornby made a model... :p

With rocky, the tomy main part with face fits the Hornby 75ton crane with relative ease. Just a bit of hacking here and there.

Sodor Perfection

Well Hornbys 75 ton crane was my thinking for a platform for Rocky, if I was to go down the route of manufacturing my own version.