News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Home projects

Started by Sodor Perfection, January 10, 2009, 01:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sodor Perfection

I am aware that the 'Thomas' Holiday Special' set includes a snow plough but does anybody have any ideas of how I could get my hands on one instead of making my own, or purchasing the set (which I don't really want to do as I have no need for accessories that come with it.)

StanierJack

The Thomas Snowplough could be made from the Tomy one made last year I think. It was about £19.99 with Track + loco you could sell on ebay.

ThomasFan247

Quote from: Sodor Perfection on February 22, 2009, 09:42:37 AM
I am aware that the 'Thomas' Holiday Special' set includes a snow plough but does anybody have any ideas of how I could get my hands on one instead of making my own, or purchasing the set (which I don't really want to do as I have no need for accessories that come with it.)
If you wanted to use the Bachmann snow plow you would have to buy the set. It is only compatible with the Thomas from the set.

Sodor Perfection

I did eventually invest in the Holiday Special set but I tried my hand at making my own snow plough for Thomas before my purchase.
Here are some pictures;

Not too shabby...

thomasj219

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

alex wittman

that looks cool, i wish i had a modelling talent like that

derricknscaler

i want to make a thomas engine in n scale with a minitirx 0-6-0 engine i have it dosent look like any charters but i want to customise it but i need a way to make in n scale face for it

ThomasFan247

Quote from: derricknscaler on March 15, 2009, 09:13:07 PM
i want to make a thomas engine in n scale with a minitirx 0-6-0 engine i have it dosent look like any charters but i want to customise it but i need a way to make in n scale face for it
You could just buy a Tomix one. They make Thomas, Percy, James, & Henry + Annie, Clarabel, 2 T.Trucks, Fuel Tanker, Foolish Freight Car (Vent Van w/Face), S.C. Ruffey, Mail Coach, & the Express Coaches (Red). You probably aware of that though.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Your snowplough puts the manufactured one to total shame.

derricknscaler

yeah but i also want a n scale gorden and edward so that i would have all six of the first engines in the series

derricknscaler

the snowplough looks more like the one from the show more then bachmenns its awsome!!

ThomasFan247

Quote from: derricknscaler on March 18, 2009, 09:03:55 PM
yeah but i also want a n scale gorden and edward so that i would have all six of the first engines in the series
That one I can't really help you with.  :(

Sodor Perfection

'maybe want to add Gordon with a cable reel attached to his front buffer-beam'
                  SmokeyNSteamer - Wishlist thread

With the above suggestion I've decided to have a go at the cable reel for Gordon. I have already made a template for it and main construction is under way.

Construction of other bits and bobs are also under way...

Check back here soon for pictures...

Sodor Perfection

Quote from: derricknscaler on March 15, 2009, 09:13:07 PM
i want to make a thomas engine in n scale with a minitirx 0-6-0 engine i have it doesn't look like any charters but i want to customise it but i need a way to make in n scale face for it

I don't mean it to sound like I'm telling you what to do but I'd wait for a manufacturer (like TOMIX) to make a model of each character themselves as although you can put a lot more stuff into an N scale railway layout everything is VERY expensive, which you probably already know.

And also if you go down the route of trying to alter an existing N scale model expense is a major factor if you happen to make  any mistakes.

Sodor Perfection

Here are pictures of of Gordon's cable reel as per my previous post...

Has been finished for a week or two now but was having trouble with the website I upload my pictures to.