News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

wiring switches

Started by mck137, December 06, 2008, 05:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mck137

I just purchased a "Your First Railroad" Track Pack, and there were no instructions on how to connect the wiring for the switches that were included (and no info on the DVD, either). How do I do it? And then, how do they function/ how are they used? Obviously, I'm a novice, so be simple in your instuctions, please! Thanks!!

Hunt

Easiest is to use the AC terminals of a DC model train power pack to power the switch machine in the E-Z Track Turnout.

Connect the controllers (black slide switches) together, and connect the red wires from the AC terminals to one controller. The green wires connect from each turnout to a controller.

You line the turnout (move the rails) with the control slide switch.

Bach-man, the instructions with diagram on the back of the Turnout packaging should be made available online.

RAB

Completely agree. It's certainly not difficult to add the instructions for the turnouts to a website along with other manuals.

WGL

Walthers' PowerLoc switches have the same lack of instructions.  Instead of putting diagrams on the back of packages, they advertise other products.  Even after several e-mail exchanges with Walthers' tech support for instructions, I have not been able to get my automatic switches to operate & have to move them manually.

pdlethbridge

Thats one thing thats always impressed me with Atlas switches, They have always had clear instructions on every product that needed them as far back as I remember. ( 50 years )