News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How old is Bachmann N Scale Model 50-4300

Started by wgrammer, January 13, 2009, 03:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wgrammer

We found the train in the box never opended when we cleaned out my parents house after my father passsed away.

Conrail Quality

No one on here memorizes stock numbers. It would be more helpful if you told us what it is a model of (EMD F9, 0-6-0 Steamer, etc). If you don't know, try looking at this website here (http://www.visi.com/~spookshow/locolist.php?diesels=6&steam=1&traction=2&nonbrass=3&sortby=2&Submit=Submit), under the models labeled Bachmann, and see if any of them looks like the one you have. If you are looking to sell it, the only Bachmann models I am aware of that have any collector value are the Metroliner and the Turbo Train. The rest, unless you get lucky, have little resale value.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

wgrammer

This is a train set not indivdual car, the model number came off side of box.  This has never been opened still has plastic wrap.

Conrail Quality

Bachmann started making trains in the late 1960's, so that's the oldest it could be. Again, without more information , it is difficult to tell you any more.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Franz T

Bachmann Trainsets usually have names on the box ("Explorer", Empire Builder", Centennial", etc..) that would help narrow it down. But with a 4 digit model #, it would have to be a quite old trainset. As for current value, since the locomotives and cars in trainsets are usually at the lower end of the quality spectrum, and older Bachmann locomotives have, to put it as kindly as possible, had major quality issues, (The current releases are very good, especially the "Spectrum Line", however anything more than 15 years old makes an excellent paperweight at best) I would say $10.00 - $15.00 would be a fair estimate..

mosquitojunction

switchman

Don't sell it. Keep it for old times sake. It was your Fathers. Hook it up around the hollidays and run it thn box it up till next year and pass it on to your son.
See ya
Switchman
Ya spins da wheel and sometime ya wins and sometime ya lose.

vilefileman

Bachmann Highballer set, Item No. 50-4300 LATE 70's

ATSF F7A, red/silver warbonnet, #215
Lehigh Valley 40' box car, white/green ends, #41003
Southern gondola, silver/red letters, coal load, #1228
ATSF caboose, red/yellow cupola, #999628
1 circle of EZTrack
1 power pack

Ballpark $20-$40

Thank the Rick-man
Have PHUN