Reprogramming a blueline locomotive with EZ Command

Started by winjie, January 19, 2009, 05:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winjie

I aquired another blueline locomotive and I am having a problem reprogramming the decoder to a different address than 3. The loco will move but there is no light function or any sound when I programmed it to a new  address that is not # 3. I am using TCS DP2x decoder. Any help will be highly appreciated, Thanks all.

Tylerf

I have a blueline AC6000 and it was programmed with a digitraks zepher, which has much better programming capabilites than the ez-command so im not sure how much luck youll have. even on the digitraks system i had a similar problem, the bluelines sound board must be seperatly programed from the decoder. to do this you remove the decoder and insert one of the two other pins included(im not sure which one at the moment). the motor is the only function being controlled by the decoder, so what youve programed sofar is just the motor. It should work after that but if not then youll just have to switch the two pins or just repeat the process again untill it works. hopefully this helps and you get it programmed, bluelines are amazing locomtives in everyway exept the programming which is a painful and trial filled process. good luck.
Tyler

WGL

For my Blueline Heavy Mikado, I chose, from among decoders BLI recommends in the manual, a Digitrax DN143IP & had no problem using it to control speed, direction & lights.  I've ordered a Blueline SD40-2 & another Digitrax DN143IP for it.  I also found on BLI's website what decoders they recommend.

Since EZ Command's Address 3 was available, I kept the Mikado at it.  With steamers, I understand that the sound is controled in the locomotive & the other functions are controled in the tender.  When my SD40-2 arrives, I will see whether or not I have your problem.
   :-\
  You might want to look at this link:  http://www.tonystrains.com/technews/bline_prog_reports.htm