News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Cartoon characters

Started by superthomasfan, January 25, 2009, 06:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superthomasfan

Quote from: aussie30inch on February 06, 2009, 09:24:38 PM
superthomasfan  if you werent spending so much time with all this mindless dribble you may have more time to spend on learning how to kit bash and model like everyone else here

testing patients >:(

geoff

I'll start when I get enough money to purchase the Silver Ridge set.

James Thomas

Hey Super,
You're missing the point again.  Stop posting nonsense.
-JT

drgw268

Quote from: James Thomas on February 07, 2009, 07:27:04 PM
Hey Super,
You're missing the point again.  Stop posting nonsense.
-JT

This from the guy who can't spell patience.

superthomasfan

Any other cartoon and/or anime ideas? ???

James Thomas

Hey drgw 268.

I think you're mixing up your quotes and quoters.
I did know a doctor that didn't have patience with his patients -- but he didn't mix them up.

-JT

glennk28

You're more likely to find the figures in a size compatible with Large Scale.  On a previous garden railway I had a number of such figures--including Disney's "Beagle Boys" holding up the train--complete with balls and chains on their feet. 

If not overdone, an occasional gag figure or group can be fun.  One of my "favorite Prototypes" is the F&C.  I was working on the parlor car "Belle Murphy" with the added vista dome--

curator49

We sometimes get a bit too serious about our hobby and take exception to some ideas put forward in fun. A friend of mine, who is an excellent On30 modeller building some highly detailed scenes has as his train crew and figures on the layout as orcs and dwarves which he makes and paints himself. His young daughter made an On30 layout (by herself - with some guidance from dad) for a local model railway show. Her train crew were all little teddy bears appropriately painted.

Another friend (a dedicated scale modeller) has a very detailed scale Queensland Railways layout in HO (HOn3.5) which has regularly been shown at model railway shows around south-east Queensland. One year he decided to have a bit of fun (on one day of a 3-day show) and populated his layout with Daleks (from the Dr Who television show). It got quite a chuckle.

curator49

superthomasfan

Quote from: glennk28 on February 15, 2009, 08:18:36 PM
You're more likely to find the figures in a size compatible with Large Scale.  On a previous garden railway I had a number of such figures--including Disney's "Beagle Boys" holding up the train--complete with balls and chains on their feet. 

If not overdone, an occasional gag figure or group can be fun.  One of my "favorite Prototypes" is the F&C.  I was working on the parlor car "Belle Murphy" with the added vista dome--

I was gonna go with large scale, but I changed my mind, due to budget reasons.

BIG BEAR

OK Kids,
    If your going to do this right you need Dudley Do Right, of the RCMP.
He was always saving some damsel in distress ( who was tied to the railroad tracks) just seconds before the train got to her.

Enjoy,
                    Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

wade

And don't forget his evil nemessis Snidely Whiplash.
Or if you prefer the South then Deputy Dog and Musky.
Wade

superthomasfan

Quote from: BIG BEAR on February 17, 2009, 04:47:08 AM

OK Kids,
    If your going to do this right you need Dudley Do Right, of the RCMP.
He was always saving some damsel in distress ( who was tied to the railroad tracks) just seconds before the train got to her.

Enjoy,
                    Barry

Nice idea.  :) ;) :D ;D

boomertom

Whimsy, what fun. This will date me but I can't help but be reminded of teh immortal John Allen and his dinosaur switching on his fab G&D a pun itself
Tom

Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)