News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-4-0

Started by superthomasfan, January 26, 2009, 10:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dto

Manager, that modified 4-4-0 was by Mr. Lynn Austin of Malfunction Junction in Las Vegas.  I saw it last month at the Great Train Expo in Anaheim, CA.  He replaced the metal boiler with plastic tubing, as I recall.

Mr. Austin has done several On30 modifications, including a 2-4-0 and even a 2-4-4-0T from Forneys.  Unfortunately he's not active online, nor have I seen images of his work posted anywhere.  Hopefully we'll see photos of Mr. Austin's "Forneycations" in the future.

C.S.R.R. Manager

Thanks DTO, hopefully someone in the Vegas area will be able to get some photos.  There are a bunch of guys on the On30 Groups that would be interested.  Come to think of it, I've got a convention in Vegas this coming December.  Hmm, that would be a fun side trip.

By the way, I did a quick edit on the 4-4-0 drawing, to see what sort of 2-4-0 it might make.  It would take some work to make the siderods work, but I moved the drivers up so that you could connect the main siderod from the cylinder to the rear driver, rather than the front driver, so that it can stay the same length.  And it might look better if the extended boiler were removed.  Looks like a lot of work, but it would be funky.  I think an outside-frame Forney would make an easier starting point for this sort of 2-4-0.

Manager