News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Texas Special

Started by Casey_Jones, January 27, 2009, 11:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casey_Jones

Mr. Bachmann,

do you know when you will have some photos of the new Texas Special E7 and passenger cars as well as when we can expect them at the dealers?

Thnak you

3rail

Hello Casey,

The 1st production samples are at the photographer right now.  I will post them as soon as we get them.  It looks like delivery will be April. 

Regards,

3rail

Casey_Jones

Great news!

I've been saving my money for one of these, can't wait to see it.

Thanks!

DominicMazoch

Can't do O-72.  But am eager for pics!

3rail

Hi Dominic,

The E-7's will run on as little as O-31.  Yes, there is overhang on the curves, but it will make it with no problems.

Regards,
3rail

DominicMazoch

3RD Rail:

OK, the E's will run on O31.   Is there more overhang than the EF-4's?  The overhang there is very close to strike points on my layout.

What about the cars?

BTW, have you considered an E8/9?  The E7 trucks on the units will work.

TS triva:  On the E units, there were both MKT and SL-SF logos near the frame near the front where the "F" letter is.  The logo which is fartherest to the front is the owner of the loco.

On the 2245 Lionel F3 and the recent Lionel scale set, the "MKT" logo was lead.  Hence, it was an "MKT" logo.  But a set of E's had the SL-SF in the lead, hence the Frisco owned them.

Also, if the had a 1xx number, MKT owned;  if 20xx, then it was SL-SF.

3rail

Hi Dominic,

I have not compared the overhang.  I think it should be about the same. The lengths of the E-7's are a slight bit longer, but the rear wheels are flanged which should make the overhang a little less.  When I get a spare moment I will check.  We recommend 0-42 for the passenger cars; the overhang is more.

As far as the E-8/9's, we chose the E-7's at the time because no other O Gauge company was offering them and they were originally delivered to about 30 railroads.  This gave us a unique product offering.

A little Williams trivia, in 1991 we had announced the E-9 model was in the developmental stages.  Shortly after that, Weaver introduced its model and did not sell very well because most modelers were not ready for a large scale locomotive.  Jerry Williams canceled the project, but the tooling for the side frames was already completed.  We began to use this side frame on the E-60 electric and having this tooling played a factor in the decision to make the E-7.

Thanks for the TS trivia; I learned this during the research process. I should be able to post the photos next week.

Regards,

3rail

3rail

OK Guys start drooling!

The locos:

....and the cars

Each car has prototypical names and numbers.

Regards,

3rail

Casey_Jones

"OK Guys start drooling!"

somebody get a mop!

This should come with a warning - "May Cause Dehydration"

OH MY GOD!

That is Beautiful!

Well done guys, very well done!
:)

DominicMazoch

You've made the MTK engines.  Great!

Did you know the PRR had a run through sleeper added/dropped from the TS in St. Louis?  It was painted the same way, but had Pennsy, or Pullman markings were the "Katy" is on the present cars.

Also, the car New Braunfles is here in Houston at the NRHS location on Mesa Road!