News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Sharks

Started by Mike_AA9ZY, January 04, 2009, 11:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_AA9ZY

When are the new sharks in Baldwin demo colors going to be at the dealers? I've checked with a couple of dealers and they don't know.

3rail

Hi Mike,

They came in mid December.  They should be at dealers at this point.

Regards,

3rail

Mike_AA9ZY

Thanks for the quick response (and thank goodness the website is back!).

How difficult is it to make a powered unit out of the A dummy?

3rail

Mike_AA9ZY

I got my WBB sharks in the Baldwin demo colors from JusTrains. They were a birthday present from the wife.

Anyway, they look spectacular! The paint job is as good as anything I've seen in any scale.

I put them on the track with several cars in tow and the train took off like a rocket. I'm used to dcs controlled engines from another O gauge company, so I was a little surprised at first. I eventually was able to handle the throttle so that I could run them at a more prototypical speed.

I did some searching on the web and some people recommend wiring the motors in series which would slow things down.

My concern is whether this mod would void my warranty. I'm also wondering if Bachmann has any plans to improve the slow speed characteristics. If not, I'll get used to the speed.

DominicMazoch

3rd Rail:

Suggestion:

The pre-Big L K-line had a switch on the bottom of some diesels to go from parallel to series.  If not that, maybe a dip switch board on the inside of unit you could get to by taking the sheel off. 

3rail

Hi Dominic,

I am working on an easy solution for those who would like to run in series.

Regards,

3rail

Mike_AA9ZY

That sounds like a good idea.

BTW, those sharks did not come with a manual or instruction sheet. Were they supposed to?