News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmanns Digital Command Set

Started by chuff_n_puff, March 21, 2007, 02:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuff_n_puff

1-Is the contoller in this set the same as the one without the train?
2-How many DCC trains will it control?
3-Does it have the IO port?
4-Does it have on track programming capabilities?

Jim Banner

Quote from: chuff_n_puff on March 21, 2007, 02:57:01 PM
1-Is the contoller in this set the same as the one without the train?

Not sure what set you are referring to, but Bachmann makes only one version of the E-Z Command control centre, part no. 44902.

2-How many DCC trains will it control?

It will control 9 DCC trains.  It produces enough power to run 3 or 4 simultaneously.  With a booster, it will run all 9 at once.  It can also control one dc train at the same time.  If you use the proper dc power pack plugged into the control centre, you can control 10 DCC trains and one dc train.  With the booster, you can run all of them at once.

3-Does it have the IO port?

Yes.

4-Does it have on track programming capabilities?

Yes.  The programming capabilities are limited to setting the address and the normal direction of travel.  The latter is used when you want to run two locomotives together with one of them travelling backwards.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

chuff_n_puff

Jim, Am I right in assuming the EZ Command sets come with a No sound decoder in the engine that's with it? I noticed it said it controlled lights and sound. Does that mean it will operate a unit with a sound chip in it? If so, probably only the bell and whistle, right? Thanks a lot for your help, Roger.

Hunt

Quoteassuming the EZ Command sets come with a No sound decoder in the engine
correct â€" locomotives do not have sound decoder.

QuoteDoes that mean it will operate a unit with a sound chip in it? If so, probably only the bell and whistle, right?
The E-Z Command Control Center unit will turn on/off a decoder sound assigned to Function F1 - F8. However, it can not program the CVs which control the sounds.

chuff_n_puff

Okay, but can you re-program the address CV so as to change the loco's number, or does it have to already be programmed to your chosen address before you set it on its tracks? My son-in-law thinks he can take this Command set and control a 8 or 10 sound equipped train layout. I think he is expecting too much out of the Command set. He will at least have to have a booster, right? He is impressed by what all my mega buck system will do, but I told him he is going to have to spend some money!

Hunt

Quotecan you re-program the address CV so as to change the loco's number
Yes, but address limited to 1 - 9. E-Z Command Control Center is designed to program address on the main. There are instructions on how to use a programming track.

QuoteMy son-in-law thinks he can take this Command set and control a 8 or 10 sound equipped train layout. I think he is expecting too much out of the Command set. He will at least have to have a booster, right?
RIGHT!

Jim Banner provided the information to answer these two questions in his reply.

You and your son-in-law read together ALL the information in the E-Z Command link above.