News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Customer Service

Started by Mike_AA9ZY, February 04, 2009, 11:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_AA9ZY

I just bought the sharks in Baldwin demo colors.

I noticed that there was no instruction sheet or manual with the engines. I also noticed that the A dummy had a spare lightbulb in the box, but the powered A unit did not.

I've tried calling customer service and leaving a message on the customer service manager's voicemail, but I've gotten no reply.

I didn't want to post this on the board, but I haven't been able to speak with a real person by phone.

stubbsO

I just left a message myself with her [Gretchen I think?]. This is the 3rd time I've called about where my loco is that's been in for repair for 2 months now. I called 3 weeks ago and was told that I should call back in 2 weeks. Called this past Monday and the gal just ruffled a bunch of papers for 3 minutes into the phone like she was trying to find my info, then transfered me to a different # that gave me a V-mail.
NOW! Why does it take you people a week from delivery to processing a loco for repair? Why can't anybody give a satisfactory answers to any of my questions? Tell ya what, give me a new complete truck and motor and express mail it back to me and I'll have it running in 2 hours. I'm tired of waiting.
FACTS: You don't cut the quality of Customer service to save Money! I've been real happy with Williams products, but your Service Dept. needs some major work, as the now Williams by Bachmann isn't leaving me a very warm fuzzy right now!

Mike_AA9ZY

StubbsO, I thought by now someone from Bachmann would have answered our posts.

the Bach-man

Dear Mike and Stubbs,
Call (215)533-1600 and ask for Bridget. She'll be able to help.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Mike_AA9ZY

Here's an update to my last email. I was not able to contact Bridget Wallace, but I did get a personal email from Larry Harrington. For those of you who may not know him, he's the general manager of WBB.

He sent me my missing manuals and promised to send me my missing spare parts for my Baldwin demo sharks. To say I was impressed was an understatement! I envision great things for WBB, and if I were head of Lionel I would be worried.

Now, if WBB would offer PS2.0 and DCS as an option...!

stubbsO

I got a few from him too. He said that my loco went out last Monday, if it went UPS ground, it should be here today, I hope! I also ordered a bunch of F3 parts for a kit bash I'm making. We'll see when those show up? As that's been about 2 weeks now for those. They aren't out of the dog house yet in my book on service. Sorry to say this, but they are going to have to treat me better than a King for a while to get back on my good side. JMHO!