Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Bachmann Releases...

Started by tonycook1966, February 04, 2009, 01:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdlethbridge

Don't forget, its your railroad. Do as you want

Pacific Northern

Myself, I am very disappointed that the Spectrum steam line has only received a re-issue of the 0-6-0T. I was looking forward to either a 2-6-0 or a 2-6-2 or ANY of the Harriman engines.

I wonder which manufacture will be first on the scene with any of the above?
Pacific Northern

hotrainlover

Yes,
Harriman loco's would be good.  I think ALL the companies are going to be especially careful right now, with the economy; and all....

But, I will still hope!!

rogertra

Quote from: pdlethbridge on February 06, 2009, 09:35:51 AM

That's always a good excuse for an unrealistic model railway.  :-)

kevin2083

WHOO!!!!!!! the Spectrum 0-6-0t is back! finally...........
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

Pacific Northern

When will the official Bachmann announcement be made for the 2009 models?
Pacific Northern

Frisco

On the 14th. of this month, at the Toy Fair in New York.

grumpy

I hope the new locos will not be recycled standards with a decoder installed I purchased a 2-10-4 . It is the 20 year old model with a new power train. Exactly the same castings . The tender is different . I will not make comment on performance because I have not run  it yet.
Don

WGL

Quote from: rogertra on February 07, 2009, 01:25:35 AM
Quote from: pdlethbridge on February 06, 2009, 09:35:51 AM

That's always a good excuse for an unrealistic model railway.  :-)

Another good excuse is not having a room 1 or 2 miles long for a realistic scale length railway.   ;)

Yampa Bob

My layout is smaller than a 4 X 8, and I don't make any excuses.  I just have fun.

I don't need more stuff, actually need to get rid of some so it will all fit on the layout. 
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

pdlethbridge

My brother had a similar thought about the my railroad comment and said he was going to send the model railroad police to straighten me out. What gives? Model Raillroading is fun, I do it my way. I know the Maine Central didn't have Decapods but mine does. If you don't like the way I run my railroad, too bad. We could find a ton of mistakes on your railroad but we know its your railroad and you can do what you want. So stop with the garbage about unprototypical railroading.

SteamGene

Alternate universes.  Or look around.  While not common, modern cars have been hauled by steam locomotives.  The Strasburg actually has one paying customer - a plastic plant - and I have a picture of the Strasburg Russian Decpod pulling some 100 ton covered hoppers.  The old Blue Mountain and Reading apparently serviced a power plant.  The C&O ran J3 614 hauling coal back in 1984 IIRC.  It's said that one can find a prototype example for almost everything seen on a model railroad. 
So if you want to do something that is not prototypical - come up with a plausable story. 
OTOH, a friend of my daughter's saw my turntable and wanted to know why I'd put in a sewage treatment plant.   :D
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Pacific Northern

Quote from: grumpy on February 11, 2009, 01:13:09 AM
I hope the new locos will not be recycled standards with a decoder installed I purchased a 2-10-4 . It is the 20 year old model with a new power train. Exactly the same castings . The tender is different . I will not make comment on performance because I have not run  it yet.
Don

I was under the impression that the new 2-10-4 was all new, obviously it is not a Spectrum but I am still disappointed. 

I was about to obtain a new 2-8-4, what is the detail like on that engine? From the pics I have seen the detail looks good but if close up it is all cast on detail I will hold off ordering until I see one in person.
Pacific Northern

Guilford Guy

Having seen it in person, the new 2-10-4 is an improvement over the old one, and I'm sure they reworked the molds...
http://users.zoominternet.net/~pmd/pmd/2-10-4-01.jpg
The 2-8-4 is a new model, and the detail looks pretty good from what I've seen. I believe Gene has it, you may wish to ask him on the subject.
Alex

grumpy

I have both the old 2-10-4 and the new one . I put them side by side when I posted the comparison. In my mind the body castings are the same as used 20 yrs ago. It runs better than the old one but is a bit noisy. Side by side the only noticeable difference is the new tender.
Don