News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wishlists

Started by superthomasfan, February 04, 2009, 05:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frisco

Quote from: superthomasfan on February 04, 2009, 05:16:45 PM
http://www.steamlocomotive.info/vlocomotive.cfm?Display=887(note: I know MMI is making this, but this is just in case it is one of their cancelled products)
It won't be. I emailed them about it and it is due this summer. I would still like to see a Bachmann model of it since the MMI one will need a 24" min radius. However there are other models that I would like to see A LOT more.

Frisco

There are three locomotives that I would really like to see. If Bachmann were to make these I would be content for a long time.
A model of CB&Q #534

A C&S 2-8-0 in peticular #70

And a updated 2-6-0 with THE CORRECT TENDER!!! I don't know why Bachmann made these with the rong tender but it really bugs me.

superthomasfan

Quote from: Frisco on February 04, 2009, 09:12:08 PM
Quote from: superthomasfan on February 04, 2009, 05:16:45 PM
http://www.steamlocomotive.info/vlocomotive.cfm?Display=887(note: I know MMI is making this, but this is just in case it is one of their cancelled products)
It won't be. I emailed them about it and it is due this summer. I would still like to see a Bachmann model of it since the MMI one will need a 24" min radius. However there are other models that I would like to see A LOT more.

Great! I'm gonna save my money for that model!
BTW, here are my top 3 most wanted diesels

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1108543
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1211097
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1061097

finderskeepers

MMI has also announced the intent to produce a 3 truck shay as well, so you will be covered there too, if you are patient enough. However I still hope that Bachmann will come to their senses and make a 2 truck 30 ton heisler.

curator49

As the Bachmann says when we are hoping for new model releases to be announced - "Anticipate". Not every model produced will suit all modellers. Some models released will be popular across the board. Some modellers will like it as it is while others will see opportunities to "kit bash" the model into something else.

There has been some mention above about MMI and "cancelled models". If you look at the Precision Scale Co website there is a "Coming Soon" tab which opens up into three categories. If you read the text that goes with each of these you will see what the PSC/MMI philosophy is on the production of their models. You can select each of these headings to see what model currently falls into what category. I have not seen any cancellations listed, rather there is a rearranging of the production schedule. Production of a particular locomotive however, is on the proviso they get sufficient orders for that model so a lack of orders may mean that the delivery time for that model may be moved to a later time. If insufficient orders are still not received then that model may never be produced (cancelled).

drgw268

Quote from: curator49 on February 05, 2009, 04:23:35 PM
There has been some mention above about MMI and "cancelled models". If you look at the Precision Scale Co website there is a "Coming Soon" tab which opens up into three categories. If you read the text that goes with each of these you will see what the PSC/MMI philosophy is on the production of their models. You can select each of these headings to see what model currently falls into what category. I have not seen any cancellations listed, rather there is a rearranging of the production schedule. Production of a particular locomotive however, is on the proviso they get sufficient orders for that model so a lack of orders may mean that the delivery time for that model may be moved to a later time. If insufficient orders are still not received then that model may never be produced (cancelled).

Makes sense.  Didn't see that before.

Given that the Western Maryland 2-8-0's have been listed for about 4 years now, it may be a loooooong time before they make those $700 shays. 

BTW, is the C16 the one that San Juan Car Shops was going to do?

Frisco

Quote from: drgw268 on February 05, 2009, 07:56:19 PM
They were going to but they canceled it. Accucraft has announced one though.

Tomcat

New Mexico Lumber Shay would be a favorite !

But. A correct C&S Engine: No 70 and a correct C&S No 22 would be perfect.
An updated Mogul, DCC ready or (even better) DCC plus Sound ready,
would be great! :) :) :)

No22 war my first ever Bachmann 0n30 engine and I did the conversion,my first ever DCC Sound conversion follwing Harolds hints. Since this is a really nice little Loco, the correct tender would be neat. Don´t let the Mogul go - update it. She really deserves it.

Kind regards, Tom

drgw268

Quote from: Frisco on February 06, 2009, 04:28:22 PM
Quote from: drgw268 on February 05, 2009, 07:56:19 PM
They were going to but they canceled it. Accucraft has announced one though.

Yeah, that one looks really nice. 

Speaking of Accucraft, did their ON30 freight cars ever come out? 

Tomcat

@drgw268:
No, I´m afraid the Accucraft folks haven´t been out with their DRGW/RGS Boxcars yet, it appears that this is going to take the same long time as the DRGW No.50 Diesel took to get ready for the market. By the was - the No.50 diesel has a pretty poor electric pickup.
It took me all available tricks to get this shunter properly running...

About the C-16: San Juan did drop their plannings to bring the C-16 again. They had this engine already on the market some years ago. Nice, but plastic plus brass details- a very, very delicate thing...

MMI/PSC is going to bring a C-16 which will cost more than a K-36 or K-37. The reason seems to be that PSC can´t copy one of their Brass models (which worked fine for the K-27, K-28, K-36,K-37, but since they never did a DRGW C-16, this wouldn´t work) So thats the reason the tiny C-16 (which I love most) is getting more expensive as the big ones...

On the other hand, Accucraft has announced a C-16 as well, a bit cheaper, same versions more or less. But: WHEN will this come out? 2015 or 2020? (Speaking of the Boxcars which may much easier to construct and build than a 2-8-0 Steam Engine...)

I don´t see a 268 from Accucraft stand on my tracks the next time. I´ll stick with my BLI C-16, upgraded and a bit more detailled.

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

ossygobbin

tomcat
this off one of the yahoo groups

Just got word that my RGS, C&S and D&RGW box cars have been shipped from Accucraft in ON30 am very excited as ordered them over a year ago. Got two cases of each and found out that most are already sold out. About the only remaining at Accucraft are C&S possibly some RGS but the others are pretty much gone. So if you want some better head out to the hobby shop of your choice.

also
superthomas, give it a rest with all the silly links will you.
bachmann will make what they want and probably know for the next few years what they are.

Tomcat

ossygobbin:
Thank you so much for your kind note about the Accucraft boxcars, I already had  pre-ordered 8 D&RGW with Flying Grande/Toilet Seat herald plus 2 RGS ones at Caboose Hobbies, but recently didn´t get a note about a shipment. We´ll see.

On their HP the Boxcars are still "fall 2008" remarked...
Hope, there will be a parcel from Denver soon...

Cheers, Tom :)