News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

C&O E7 w/ 60' Streamliners

Started by CandO, February 07, 2009, 12:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CandO

I just purchased a Williams C&O E7 A-A set.  I am totally impressed with this train. The size is amazing and there is a lot of detail.  The electric horn and whistle are very true to life. This is my first Williams train and I gotta tell you, I think I will be a fan for life.

Does anyone out there with this E7 run the 60' aluminum streamliners?
If so, are they a good match in size and color to the E7?

All of Williams E7s are very beautiful pieces of 3rail art. I am just a big huge fan of C&O railroad.

I run this train on Lionel FasTrack with my newer generation Lionel ZW.  I thought I would mention this in case anyone was concerned on it being compatible with the E7s.

Thanks guys and happy railroading.

Casey_Jones

I agree,  that is a very impressive loco.  I love the colors.

What radius are you using?  036, 048 etc?

CandO

I am using the O-36 track.
The train runs well on this. It just overhangs the curves so I will eventually go with a wider curve.  It does handle these small O-36 curves very well at speed.

I am very happy with this E7.  It has great power.

CandO

I decided to go with the 72' Streamliners. I am very glad that I did because they look awesome with my E7.

I also changed all my curves to FasTrack O48 and O60 curves. This train looks great on both curves. There is only a 1/8" overhang when going around the O48.

The size of the 72' Streamliners is perfect because the E7 A units are very long too.

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

CandO

I tried posting a couple of photos but they wont go through. I get a pop up message from the post saying something like image folder is full - try a smaller file.
I even shrunk them down to 30kbs and still not going through.
I will try again later.

3rail

Hi CandO,

To post photos use a web based image hosting site such as Photobucket.

Cut and paste the URL of the photo to your post.

Highlight the URL and press the button on the posting toolbar (2nd row, second icon). 

Then submit your post.

TADA!

Regards,

3rail

CandO

I put some photos on Photobucket.
Some photos are large to show detail beter so I'll just give the URL to go to.
I put a few photos of my C&O E7 and 72' Streamliners. I also put two photos of real C&O E7s. These have the same road #s and paint scheme as my WBB E7s.

here is the URL
http://photobucket.com/CandO

Thanks.   -CandO

I added one pic to your post ... 3rail

Todd

Nice Pics,

I can't wait to see more Texas Special and Milwaukee Road E7 pics.

Casey_Jones

I was never a C&O fan, but man is that train set beautiful.  :)

DominicMazoch

Chessie had a nice looking passenger train.

And who was Chessie's (mascot) mate's name?  Peake! (Really!)