News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wish list for 2010

Started by Casey_Jones, February 10, 2009, 06:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casey_Jones

Mr. Bach-Man & 3rd Rail

I'm not sure how much time is required to design and manufacture items, so I figured I would put in my wish list for 2010 now. 

In keeping with the Golden Memories theme, would you consider producing:
1)   0-4-0 slope back switcher, this was in the Lionel catalog starting in 1945-58
2)   2-6-4 or 4-6-4 Dreyfuss style locomotive, also in early Lionel catalogs
3)   A really cool art-deco style transformer, with a big "W" or WbB" on it.
4)   2-4-2 Atlantic.  Yes, I know Lionel still makes these, BUT they look cheap and I'm sure you guys could produce something more realistic.
5)   Re-issue the B&M blue GP7
6)   Re-issue the Budd RDC Car sets
7)   Have you guys considered selling operating accessories?
8)   4-6-2 Pacific like the Lionel 2025
9)   4-4-2 Streamlined Hiawatha (way cool)
10)    MKT NW2 in red
11)    A 4-4-0 WARR or General set
12)    True Blast III! Can we get upgraded sounds, something like the "Electric Rail Road Company's" sound chips.
13)   On the Traditional line, can you convert the stamped metal handrails on the  diesels to look like the handrails on your SD45's
14)   AMTRAK HHP8  This the modern day GG1!
15)   Change Traditional line to a Spectrum Line, Locomotives with some detailed interiors, engineer and fireman figures, detailed interiors for passenger cars etc.  Or at least offer these as upgrades we can purchase an install ourselves.
16)   Amtrak AEM 7
17) NYC Empire State Express set
18) PRR Streamlined K4

Thanks for listening/reading

Looking forward to the 2009 catalog! :)

UPDATE

I should have included these:

UP M10000
and
Flying Yankee

If these are produced by WBB they will A) Run great out of the box and run forever and B) Be affordable for the working man.

DominicMazoch

An AEM7 which runs on on O-31 track!

CandO

Very good list. Some cool ideas.
I hope to see some switchers.

I would be excited about the detailed passenger car interiors.

I think it would be best as an upgrade for us to install, like you said. This way if you wanted to stay old school, with less detail, you could. Plus, you'd always have the option of changing back.

I really hope this comes to life. Great idea!!

Brady

New roadnames on popular diesels like the F-3 is probably more economical.  C&O, PRR, etc.

How about the correct shade of yellow on the Virginian FM's, and no road number on the cab?

cpkoltz2002

The Main Street of the Northwest has been largely ignored.A Northern Pacific F7 in the black and gold freight scheme would be awesome.

Garfield

Let me agree with TB 3 or bring back 1. Some basic sound system that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and works with a regular transformer.

Also I would love to see some Williams stuff at retailers like Hobby Lobby.  They already have your n, ho and g.

Mike_AA9ZY

I would love to see the F3's come out in Milwaukee Road freight colors, and Chicago Great Western in Deramus red.

I also think these special F3's that WBB offers should have an optional matching caboose. The Penn Central F-3 needs a green PC caboose!

While I'm wish-listing, I would love to see WBB offer an optional crew compartment w/ crew and a view block of the motor for our existing engines. That way I don't have to do it from scratch!

Garfield

I have another wish, make the FP-45 in the Kool-Aid / Via paint job. I know that loco is a FP40H but I think that paint job on an affordable loco would be a hit.

thomasj219

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Mike_AA9ZY

Neat! However, I'm still hoping for the Milwaukee Road and CGW F-3's.

DominicMazoch

How about the UP4141 Bush unit on the SD90 body?

Sunrise Special

How about a Long Island RR GP38 and FA (dummy) combo!  The Long Island RR used the FA on the passenger trains as a power pack!!

DominicMazoch

The LIRR also used an MP15 as either a power for HEP (power pack) or road power!

DominicMazoch

SD45's in Cotton Belt.  SP grey type paint and lettering, except for SSW.  And SD 45 in same lettering.  (or SP powered, SSW dummy combo!)  Both roads ran diesels over the other.  Very common in Houston area!

Casey_Jones

Ok, I did not expect 3rd Rail to say 'Sure no problem we will start working on that list ASAP!"  But at least say hey thanks for the info we will look into some of these OR go pound dirt, are you out of your mind! Some response would be nice.  I  can't believe you are guys are still laughing at this post.  It was just a wish list.  Can't blame a guy for asking. ;D