News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

help-info about delton

Started by maxxx, February 03, 2009, 05:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxxx

on ebay i ran into a few delton "colorado and southern" cars...they look nice, but as i never have heard about this company- will they match with my bachmann big haulers?
tx in advance
maxxx

mudhen

If my memory is correct. Delton was bought out by Aristocraft. Same product, new manufacturer. that s the only difference.

jebouck

Delton's are 1/24 scale.
A bit on the smaller side to match your Bachmann.
jb

Kevin Strong

They're a wee bit smaller than the B'mann and LGB 1:22 cars, but not noticeable. They have--in my opinion--the best lines of any of the 1:22/1:24 passenger equipment out there. I coveted a set for quite some time before I switched to 1:20.

Later,

K

Loco Bill Canelos

Yes, Aristo-craft did buy Delton,  They now come in Aristo Boxs which is also marked "Delton Classics".  These are very nice cars and look fine mixed in with the Bachmann cars.  The slight difference in size makes for variety your freight train,  I only have the Delton box cars.

You may want to change the couplers,  but other than that it should be fine. I would say buy one and try it and see how if fits in in your own point of view.  The only other down side is the wheels are plastic as opposed to the metal wheels on the Bachmann cars made since 2000..
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Danny Sheehan in Oz

Threre is no need to change the couplers on Aristo Delton Cars, they come with a Bachmann compatible coupler, in fact they are hard to couple to Aristocraft's 1:29 scale cars.  In many respects the Delton knuckle coupler is a better coupler that Bachmann, and will couple perfectly every time.

Loco Bill Canelos

Danny, 
You are absolutely correct about the Delton Cars couplers, I ve had the Delton cars for years and forgot about that!!  The last one I did was a straight Aristo 1:29th scale car which as you say are difficult to couple to the Bachmann cars.  They are the one I changed not the Delton Cars!!

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I believe the Delton passenger car molds are now owned by Heartland Locomotive Works.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Loco Bill Canelos

Thanks Bachmann,  ::)   :-[ I thought we were talking about the freight cars!!!   I have no experience with the passenger cars.  I should not have responded on this one.

Are you going to be at the St. Louis Great Train Expo??  If so see you there.

altterrain

Maxx did not say which.

Delton freight cars are now made as the AristoClassic cars.

Delton passenger cars are now made by Hartland LW.

The Delton/AC, Bachmann, LGB and older (1:24) USA Train cars are nearly identical in size.

Some consists with all of the above -

-Brian
President of

David Fletcher

Loco Bill Canelos

Thanks David I really enjoyed the Delton Story!!

maxxx

i am overwhelmed with all the response. Thank you! so heartland passenger cars are compatible with bachmanns?