News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Customer Service

Started by bobc2443, February 16, 2009, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobc2443

I am not sure if this is where I should post this but maybe someone here can explain why Bachmann Trains' customer service is absolutely disgraceful. I have been trying to get an answer from them for 2 months. I have sent email after email and have left phone messages. I even had some one from Bachmann Industries themselves send an email to them asking them to contact me but so far nothing. I had inquired last December 14th about purchasing a wheel assembly for my engine. I received several emails from the sales department and on the 16th I was told that they would send my the product along with a bill..last I have heard. Are they still in business??

the Bach-man

Dear Bob,
I'm sure if you give them a call tomorrow someone will be able to help.
Thanks!|
the Bach-man

charlii

I mailed a defective N 2-8-0 Spectrum  #81174 to Bachmann on 01-20-09.
Bachmann received package 8:52 am 01-22-09. I have emailed Bachmann service department twice asking when I would be receiving repaired locomotive. I have tried calling each day for past week, only getting an answering machine asking me to speak louder. I own over 50 Bachmann locomotives, both N & HO. This is the first time I have had to deal with Bachmann's service department and I hope my last.

bevernie

:DGREETINGS!! :o I sent them three steam locomotives with a money order for the required $45. on January 30, with a signature required, so that I would know when they received it.
    I've heard nothing, and received no card saying that they had received it (the package). Monday, I called and got to talk to no one, but yesteday (Tuesday), I finally got Ginny (I think), and she told me that they were still working on January's mail, and that it may still be at the Post Office. (She asked for my area code (28792), and went to check- then came back and said that!)
    Today, I may go to the Post Office and ask how this thing works!!
    She said that I should just be patient, they are trying to catch up!!
                                                                                            THANX!!
                                                                                               Ernie
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

WoundedBear

It's called "The Post Xmas Rush"

Have some patience.

Sid

boomertom

On February 9,2009 I sent my defective E-Z Command by United Parcel Services (UPS) it was received by Bachmann on February 10.

I checked repair status by telephone on thethe 12th and again on the
17th .I got through to someone both times.

As of 17th,  there was no information in the computer and I was told that they were just getting to entering information for January 31.

I was then told it should be ready in 4 to 6 weeks. All I know to do at this point is to be patient as hard as that may be

Tom
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

hhughes

It is extremely difficult, if not impossible to get any response from Bachmann at all, I've left several messages on the Customer Service Manager's phone for more than a month, sent e-mails and received no reply to any of them. I ended up sending my Williams engine in to them for a repair complete with check, phone number and e-mail address over 2 weeks ago, but it may very well be in the trash up there by now as once again, no feedback from them.

Having several Williams products, this is real disturbing as in the past if you had a problem with a Williams product it was very easy to call them direct and get a person on the other end, even Jerry Williams himself has picked up the phone once or twice when I called. 

Unfortunately based on this experience, I'll never buy another Williams or Bachmann product as Bachmann has surely shot themselves in the foot with incredibly poor customer service.

boomertom

hhughes

You have my sympathy, I just called this morning and did talk with a person.

My E-Z Command is still not showing in the computer. I was told to wait another week and check with them again. It has now been with them for two weeks.

My big frustration at this point is that I am unable to learn if my controller has even been looked at. As the thing was made in China, perhaps it has been shipped there to be repaired and I may stand a Chinaman's chance of seeing it back by Christmas 2009.

Tom
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

Cascade Northern

Proper Customer Care and Etiquette
There are several key, cardinal rules when working with your customers.  It's critical that you exhibit proper etiquette in working with customers if you expect them to remain your customers.  To do so, consider these proven tactics in exhibiting true customer-care etiquette.

Be friendly.  Friendliness is easy to exercise in your daily routine, yet difficult to find in today's fast-paced, selfish society.  Your friendliness could be the difference in keeping a distraught or frustrated customer from moving on to work with your competition.
Be honest.  If your customer has a problem that you are unsure how to fix, tell them.  "Under-promise; over-deliver" is the mantra exercised in the best sales and customer service teams all over the world.  If your customers have questions that you can answer, answer honestly, even if it may not be the answer the customer wants to hear.  Honesty is always your best tactic for effective customer service, as the customer will appreciate your honesty and will continue to work with you as a result.
Be thorough.  Take copious notes and follow through on all that you can do to help your customer with their issues.  Make sure your customer knows you are aware of their issues—repeat back what they have told you to ensure they know that you heard them.  Then, put together a game plan that resolves their concerns quickly and effectively.  Share the game plan with your customers, and make sure you do everything you say you will do as outlined on the game plan.
Follow Up.  Once you have solved a customer's problem, make sure you follow through afterward to ensure your customer is not just satisfied, but is thoroughly happy with the results of your actions.  Using the game plan to follow up with your customers will demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence.
Be professional.  While you do want to be friendly, remember that you are conducting business.  It is important to remain professional and objective in all you do and say with your customers.  Professionalism is a lost art in dealing with customers, so the better you are in handling your customers professionally, honestly, and ethically, the more likely you will be to maintain lifelong customer relationships.
Overall, if you want to keep your customers happy and loyal to your company and its brands, it is imperative that you exude excellence in customer service.  Putting in place all of these tactics will ensure your customers are happier and more loyal than they may be today.

Now, is that really that hard to do?

stubbsO

Well I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that's had problems. I won't elaberate as to the problems I've had, but when the Gen. Mgr. has to get involved would certainaly tell me that they do have problems. All you folks sound like me. Said Manager even told me over the phone that Bachmann has C.S. issues that they are trying to work out. It really P.O.ed me to find out that kept putting my loco back at the bottom of the list to be done. It seems kinda funny that a 175 year old company can't get their act together with C.S. God knows that they've had plenty of time to work out the bugs. I wish you guys the best of luck with your issues, and I hope I don't have to deal with them anymore.

USNavyChiefRet

This is not good! I too have sent them an email 10 days to two weeks ago with not response. In talking with a fellow Model Railroader, he said "email was out, don't even try you won't get a response". I have called and left a message also with no response to date. Is this the kind of customer service I can expect from Bachmann? If so, maybe I need to take my buisness elsewhere.

pdlethbridge

Chief, I've had very good results with customer service. Make sure you call during their business hours. Paul BT3 CVS 9 Essex and CVS 18 Wasp

Stephen D. Richards

I surely do sympathize with everyone but I don't understand it.  In the two years I have dealt with Bachmann service department, I have no complaints.  I have rebuilt several Bachmann locomotives and 95% of the time receive my parts within 3 to 5 days of the order.   Two things I do keep in mind though; only call during advertised business hours and never e-mail them.

Paul,  CVS 9 and 18!  WOW I knew you was old but not that old.  lol  Just kidding!  I remember the Wasp!  Never saw the Essex though.     Stephen

hhughes

The saga continues, you can actually get ahold of an "operator" at Bachmann during "regular hours, which by the way are not the 8 AM to 4 Pm hours listed on the website, but 8 :45 AM per the voice mail message. The telephone extensions listed on the website are also different than the actual ones. Why does that surprise me.

I've now called and left messages for the person that checks returns in as well as the customer service manager again two more times and sent e-mails as well trying to find out what, if anything is or has been done to my Williams engine. According to UPS it was delivered at least that much I know.

Naturally and as usual there have been no return calls or e-mails----Does anyone actually work at this place??? Why should I expect anything different after wrestling with this for over a month now.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with a live person at Bachmann? Is the entire company under the federal witness protection program? >:(

boomertom

HH,

re: Customer Service (or lack thereof) :-[

It is about time for me to make my next attempt to get meaningful information other than we did receive it but"it's not in the computer. Be patient and call again in a wkk it may take six weeks before you can expect it"

The Bach Mann I am frustrated and this seeme to indicate that I am not alone. Can you offer us any encouragement or explanation why getting information on repairs is so hard to come by.

My patience wears thin,I begin to be sorry I ever bought the E-Z Command - it may be a great system for small layouts, but so far I've no chance to find out.

Tom
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)