News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Customer Service

Started by bobc2443, February 16, 2009, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rail

Due to a winter storm, the offices are closed today March 2, 2009. 

Please try to contact Customer Service tomorrow.

Regards,

3rail

boomertom

Thanks for the heads uo, think I'll wait until Wednesday for you guys to dig out.

We share your misery in Virginia Beach - little snow, lots of ice.

Tom
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

boomertom

Update to all.

I talked with customer service this morning and my E-Z Command still is not showing up in their computer.

Thank the Good Lord I sent it by UIPS and have a receiving report showing when Bachmann got it and who signed for it. CS does admitt that it must be there and did spend a considerble time with me trying to find it in the system.

Also of interest to all, the Service Departmenmt has a sizable backlog (probably caused by being closed in January for inventory and returns from the Christmas season.)

I do remain confident that tis becklog will work its self out and we will all receive satisfaction. Maybe Yampa Bob has the right idea -buy two if one breaks you have a spare.
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

Yampa Bob

Yep, that's my policy regarding trains. When I consider all the phone calls, packing something, driving 10 miles to the post office, shipping charges, frustration including my blood pressure, I'll have a spare, subsitute or salvage unit, but I won't send anything to any factory service. Never have, never will.

That's the reason I buy from Caboose Hobbies. When you buy from a source that requires you to deal directly with factory service, I try very hard as a friend and fellow modeler to be sympathetic.   :D

Hey, you young guys have a lot of time to wait, but I want all issues resolved by each day's end.  The only crisis I want is deciding on beef, pork, chicken or lamb for dinner.  Of course even that's simple, my wife decides and I take it or else.  8) 
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

boomertom

I have been exercising great restraint when I make my weekly call to check status, but have decided it would serve no purpose to rant and rave at the lady who answers the call; thus far she is my sole contact with Bachmann so why rile her up. She has tried to track down the ED-Z Command but so far hasn't made a great deal of progress.

I did make a spreadsheet ntraking the time of repair and vent my frustrations there, strepping on noones toes.

By the way Bob and for the record, I am not one of those young fellows who can afford to wait
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

Yampa Bob

Tom
I really do sympathize with your situation. In fact I've even considered calling Bachmann service myself, I have a gentle way of motivating people to be a bit more expedient.   :D
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

bevernie

;DGREETINGS!!And a HAPPY DAY to ALL!! :o
Mr. B, I don't mind, or even take it personal, that you deleted my post implying that perhaps we should quit buying BACHMANN PRODUCTS until they get their act together because it was not meant seriously, but only as a "promptor" that might cause them to realize the way they are headed if they don't start thinking and DOING something about their CUSTOMER SERVICE (-or LACK THEREOF!!), but it does seem that you, or THE ADMINISTRATOR, would have made a comment as concerning my trains that I have sent in to be repaired, and those of others!!
    My "zip code" is 28792, and the trains wre mailed 30JAN2009. :'(
                                                                                                  THANX!!
                                                             8)                                     Ernie
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

bevernie

???

boomertom

UPDATE 2

Tommorow, March 9,2009 marks the end of four weeks since my E-Z Command was signed for at Bachmann.

There is an old expression about a "heck of a way to run a railroad.", or shall we say a railroad customer service department.

I can only remain optimistic that I will eventually either get my E-Z Command returned in working order or replaced ---- but who knows.

Tom
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

polekat62

My experience with Bachmann Customer has been excellent.I have e-mailed several times and always a reply within a day or two.Yesterday I phoned toll free and talked to a person, and within a few minutes my order for parts was completed and it will be in the mail shortly.The fellow whom I talked to was polite and helpful.How,s that for good service,and the price for parts and mail to B.C. was cheap.                                 Cheers

boomertom

I am not saying I can't get throught to customer service, I have and the ladies I have spoken with have been courteous.

The problem lies in the apparent inability of the system to track items sent in for repairs. I would not be happy if I were told that a repair time has not been determined, but that would be infinitely better than  "I am not finding you in the computer."

Perhaps when I make my weekly call on Wednesday I will get more information than I have thus far, yet I remain very pessimistic.

Tom
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

SvFiat

Hey Boomertom, Is it the EZ Command Control Center your tryin to have repaired if so I have 2 extras. E-mail me and I'll send one up to ya your not too far from me I'm in Florida. I'm an old guy too with limited patience and from what I've read here Bachmann needs to clean house and hire some people that know the definition of Customer Service.

Have Fun

boomertom

UPDATE #3

March 11,2009

HAPPY CAMPER

I followed some advice from Steamgene today a placed a call to Telephone: 215-533-1600  and asked for Bridgett. I got her voice mail and left  a message detailing the saga of my journey through customer service.

I also called on the 800 number- same old story not in system and when I expressed concerns was put through to a supervisor. The supervisor took down the information, my phone number and asked me to give them some time to try and find it and mI would be called right back.

When I disconnected I had a voice Mail from Laura at Bachmann asking that I call her back. Before I could do that, the supervisor called me and wanted verification that they had correct shipping addrtess for me zip codes etc.

To shorten the story, Laura called me twice more and actually found my package buried under a pile of others. Rather than waste more time she is just sending me a replacement.

Moral: Don't give up hope if you haven't tried going thropugh Bridgett what do you have to lose.

Tom Blair
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

bevernie

Quote from: boomertom on March 09, 2009, 11:23:12 PM
UPDATE 2

Tommorow, March 9,2009 marks the end of four weeks since my E-Z Command was signed for at Bachmann.

There is an old expression about a "heck of a way to run a railroad.", or shall we say a railroad customer service department.

I can only remain optimistic that I will eventually either get my E-Z Command returned in working order or replaced ---- but who knows.

Tom

GREETINGS!! ;DWell, Tom, I think I've got you outdone!! Mine was sent on 30Jan09, and I've heard nothing. :'(
                                                                                             THANX!!
                                                       8)                                      Ernie

pdlethbridge

I wish every one could be as happy as me with customer service. 2 months ago I called about my dead decapod. From the time I sent it to Bachmann to the time it came home was a little over 2 weeks.
I called yesterday to order parts and they will be sent out today. Absolutely great customer service.