News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z Track Un-Reliable?

Started by Trainlover756, January 03, 2009, 02:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rangerover

I have to chime in here.....normally don't come this thread, but I am a MRR'R and 64 years old. I have used some steel track back in the 50's to the 70's, along with NS and yes even brass track. I packed it all away in the mid 70's. I was married with 3 small children at the time. We moved and the layout was not put up until 3 years ago when I retired. I didn't realize how far MRR has come with DCC and all the beautiful detailed rolling stock, pricey, but it always was even the old analog loco's at my time was expensive even @ $9.99 in the 70's trying to raise a family. any how I jumped into DCC with a vengeance. I bought the Bachmann track and used it both NS and steel and even some of my older track that was stored for 35 years. The NS and Brass was more corroded than the steel, which only had Zinc oxide dust and a tiny bit of rust where the connectors were. Now I've been running my DCC trains on the Bachmann steel and NS track for 3 years DCC, I have had no problem whatsoever with it, they run smooth and uninterrupted. I clean the track with Flitz or Maas polish once every six months and that's all. I use no abrasives whatsoever and never have, not even bright boy. Any abrasive, and I don't care how fine the grit, it will leave fine scratch marks that will collect dirt, dust, bits of plastic and steel. oil and grease. I've read on other sites about guys using NS and having a problem especially in DCC, that they have to clean their tracks every time they run trains. I believe it's all in what they are cleaning it with. Like I said I use the Bachmann steel and have not had a problem whatsoever!

Jordan Shepis

I agree, I like the silver track better ;), the black track gets too filthy.  :P