News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Calling The Bach-man

Started by anmtspace, March 25, 2007, 09:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anmtspace

Hi there Bach-man,
I'm new to the forum and am having trouble with the Sending Personal Message.  I type up the message, enter your address, the verfication letters and push send message.  But instead of getting a message sent verification, I get the original message with a new verification letter sequence.  So I've no idea if the message has been sent or not. Since I've ended up trying numerous times, you're either going to be swamped with the same forlorn message from me...... or get zip.
Sorry to everybody in cluttering up the forum with this new topic (hopefully the Bach-man can help me and then delete it once I've understood how the system works).
I'm new to On30 and have purchased five locos and a heap of rolling-stock and coaches.  I'm completely blown away by the quality and detail in all the items I've got which prompted me to go overboard and purchase even more, a little crazy maybe since I don't have the room in my apartment for a permanent layout.  I intend to use E-Z track on the floor and assemble the layout for operation and then pack it all away.  This way I can set up large radius curves and run point-to-point or extensive loops with large shunting yards.  I'm using the Digitial Command 44902.
What I need to know is what E-Z track I will need to order to make:
1. a mainline bypass using the left and right #5 turnouts.
2. a turn-around loop of 22" radius curve using the Wye turnout
3. a turn-around loop of 33 1/4" radius curve using the Wye turnout
Thanks for your assistance, sorry about my ignorance and apologies to everyone else.
Regards,
MARK IN AUSTRALIA

Stephen D. Richards

G'day Mark
Good to see new faces on the board.  Bach-Man usually watches this board but it is something he does in his spare time.  He will reply just hang tight for a bit.  If you need to call them, don't try the toll free number. It is used a lot and very difficult to get through on.  I call there regular number and don't have any problems.  Looks like this post got through though!  I am currently doing the same thing you are with my EZ track.  At least until I learn what I'm doing anyway!  lol  Stephen

duker1

Hey Mark,
  For your 1st question, guess it would depend on length of main between the two turnouts.
  Think you may want to ask Terry Toenges (sp) who has some great pictures of various setups of turnouts etc etc. He has a site where pix were posted.

The Duke....

the Bach-man

Dear Mark,
Sorry, I had no internet for two days (as evidenced by the number of ridiculous postings). All of the board features have not been de-bugged, but we are making prorgress toward our ultimate goal.
All the track configurations will likely require cutting. Numbered turnouts have two straight divergent legs, so there is no radius that replaces the curved leg, as in toy train geometry. To lay out the large loops, you'll have to extend the straight legs of the wye until they intersect with the circle- then trim to get a smooth transition. Either one will be quite large.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

anmtspace

Okay, it looks like I'll have to make up some of my own joining tracks by cutting and gluing.  So I don't have to learn by trial and error could someone please give me the A-B-C of neatly cutting and joining two sections of E-Z track.
Warmest regards,
MARK IN AUSTRALIA

duker1

Mark,
  Go to search at top of post and type in 'cutting ez track'. Also ask Terry T.

The Duke....

Joe Satnik

Dear Mark,

What is (or will be) the length of your longest piece of rolling stock or loco?

Thanks. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.