News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

gg-1 loco

Started by hobo1, March 08, 2009, 12:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobo1

since mehano is now out of business I would love to see bachmann produce a gg1 in their standard line or spectrum line. bli  gg1 is a little pricey

john tricarico

hi hobo

right now all there is around are the BROADWAY LIMITED
GG1s  i have several  and they run and sound great

MTH may be doing there GG1 in the near future
and im sure it will be pricey   

in the meantime shop around maybe you will
find an old AHM/RIVAROSSI or an ol PEMCO

ill stick with BLI

good luck  john t  brooklyn ny

p.s  i tried to post a picture of a GG1 i took years ago
and as usual the web here states its to big

Frisco

IHC makes one, probaly from the old mehano tooling to.

hobo1

john I looked into the bli models and for 200.00 you get everything in this loco. sound , everything and it even has a die cast frame. I think i'll be purchasing one soon. mehano is out of business and ihc may follow. dont trust ihc right now. still I wouldnt mind seeing a bachmann model but bli is high quality and seems worth the money

Santa Fe buff

M.T.H. Trains currently makes GG-1s. Broadway Limited Imports has discontinued this product after selling the tooling to M.T.H. Trains. Further information on the GG-1 locomotive may be obtained here:
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,8457.0.html

Josh
- Joshua Bauer

hobo1

maybe  bachmann should consider making an affordable gg1.I would buy at least 5 of them. thanks for the info. I can see mth gg1 price probably around 300.00 a piece. whos got that kind of money to shell out for that -not I

Frisco

Quote from: hobo1 on March 08, 2009, 10:49:58 PMmehano is out of business and ihc may follow. dont trust ihc right now.
Could you please explaine this staitment. Is their buisness not stable. I hope they aren't going out of buisness since I love their locomotives.

RAM

Broadway Limited didn't really sell the tooling to M.T.H. Trains. That is a long story that has been covered before.