News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

e-z comand control

Started by yooper, March 11, 2009, 03:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yooper

Would it be possible to use 2 controls (44902) & boosters (44910) allowing to run more trains at once? If The digital data from the controls are optically coupled to the boosters it should be possible if all the polarities and voltages are the same. Next question, the connector (44908) How many are in the package, are there more than 1 so you can mount them in different places on the layout? This is my first time here, is there a spelling checker for this?

Joe Satnik

Firefox browser has spell checker.   

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Rangerover

Welcome, odd I was just going to post the same question about the controller and booster.

Bachmann does have walk around companions, but you can't program loco's on them.

Google also has spell checker!

boomertom

I quote from E-Z Command FAQ (see left menu underE-ZCommand)

Can I use 2 or more E-Z Command®  units to have more than 10 trains on the layout at once?

Not at this time.  E-Z Command®  can currently control only 10 DCC addresses.  Several locomotives can be assigned to the same address and thus be controlled as a consist.  You can of course also select up to 10 locomotives from your larger fleet to have on the layout at once, reprogramming the locomotive decoders for each session to suit the address numbers available.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Tom
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

Yampa Bob

My policy is "one engineer, one train". I can run 4 locomotives at one time with a single EZ Command and no booster, but I only run one at a time. I tried running two, that just resulted in a rear-ender on my small layout.

Question is, how large is your layout, and how many "engineers" do you have running at one time on your layout?

Regards.

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Rangerover

Quote from: Yampa Bob on March 11, 2009, 05:00:01 PM
My policy is "one engineer, one train". I can run 4 locomotives at one time with a single EZ Command and no booster, but only run one at a time. I tried running two, that just resulted in a rear-ender on my small layout.

Question is, how large is your layout, and how many "engineers" do you have running at one time on your layout?

Regards.

Bob I have 2 EZ Command controllers with loco's addressed to each. Steam and diesel. I had a thought today to put the steam on one and diesel on the other,since it's about equal, and I do have consists. I just thought it would be kind of nice to have both connected at the same time.  Maybe some day Bachmann will figure it out, but Dynamis can be purchased now for less than $150.00 in some places, eBay for one. I have 27 DCC loco's and don't really know how many analog loco's I have from the 50's up.

My layout is 17' long and 10' wide and is U shape 17' along the bottom. The peninsula's are 6" wide. The center of the layout is where my station is and it's 5' wide. Where the trains pass in the control area is also 3' wide. I have 4 main lines on the top. I have a subway under it 9" from the top down with 2 main lines around the entire layout with 2 reverse loops also. My layout is 4' off the floor to the top of the main layout. with the mountains it is about 6'8" total height.

I do have 2 Bachmann Walkaround companions for when the grandchildren come down to visit.

Jim Banner

As a general rule, you cannot have two command stations connected to the same trackage at the same time.

Nor can you have a DCC command station and a dc power pack connected to the same trackage at the same time.  The only exceptions to this second rule are when the dc power packs are connected as throttles and are working through command stations specifically designed for this operation
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Joe Satnik

Dear Rangerover,

Photos, please. 

A layout diagram would be nice, too. 

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.