News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 0n30 observation car

Started by El Loco, March 16, 2009, 08:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach

On30 Annual 2008 had an article on resin casting a Bellevue & Cascade boxcar and the 2009 had an article on casting Mann's Creek hoppers. Both article had a pretty thorough description of the process and lots of photos.
Coach

SideTracked

After reading your various comments on the differences between a standard coach and the observation car (OC), I decided I had to have one. My Bachmann OC arrived yesterday from Texas. Many thanks to Ray and The Favorite Spot for another quick and easy on-line purchase.

As I was preparing the OC for painting to my color scheme, something about the observation platform was bothering me. Then I realized, the Bachmann OC doesn't have a platform! The Loss Prevention Unit of my Legal Department was quick to advise: Without a standard platform, someone was sure to twist an ankle, or worse, in one of the exposed step wells at the observation area. Since other lines provide well covers, failure to do so would breach the standards of care, and expose the line to significant liability. Consequently, the Engineering and Maintenance Department has retrofitted the observation area with well covers to create a typical platform. See below for covered and uncovered step wells...

Cheers,
Pete

Are we having fun yet?

El Loco

Hey Pete! I recieved my OC from Ray last week on time and a smooth transaction as normal :D. The platform conversion is a great detail something my RR will have to provide before its OC is put into service. ;)
Thanks for the idea!