New to G scale,, a question to the Bach Man or any helpful source

Started by whecsailor, March 19, 2009, 08:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whecsailor

I have always enjoyed my N scale Bachmann layout, no it is time to move up and out,.
outside that is.

Can or will bachman locos and wagons in  G scale be suitable for an outside layout or would the harsh south Texas sun turn them into soft shelled gouy rolling blobs??

Thanks

Mike d

Steve Stockham

Fear not! Bachmann G scale is ideal for outdoor weather! In fact, they run Bachmann all over the place in Phoenix where the temps reach 120! The sun won't turn 'em into globs of plastic! Now, that being said, Bachmann track is not suitable for outdoor use! You will need to find some solid brass, aluminum or stainless steel track (many manufacturers and options so do the research) that can stand the elements. My advice would be to check out the on-line large scale websites first and then locate any LS clubs near your area! Not only is this an excellent resource but it's a great way to make new friends!

tac

Also, you might consider joining with Cale and me on www.largescalecentral.com and www.mylargescale.com!

Best of luck!

tac
www.ovgrs.org

doug c

Mike;

I referred to Georges' website a LOT when 'startingout'  10 yrs back  (and still do occassionally ... there was reason to chk into it just 15 min. ago)

http://girr.org/girr/tips/tips.html

later,
doug c
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99