News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Compliments To The Board

Started by Yampa Bob, March 21, 2009, 01:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yampa Bob

I would like to compliment all the members for the high quality content of the threads and posts on this board. I find all the questions and concerns interesting and informative. 

I read every new thread in the General and HO sections, some are thought provoking, which requires me to spend some time researching and studying a matter I would have otherwise overlooked. Some posts cause me to consider a matter from a different perspective or viewpoint. 

As they say, there is more than one way to "skin a cat".  Several different methods or solutions  may produce the same results, but the new inquirer needs factual options based on experience, not merely opinions based on personal bias, or even worse, hearsay and rumors. In that respect, this board scores high marks for truth and sincerity.

I believe in "peers teaching peers".  When new members learn something about their trains, they are often eager to help other new modelers.  My policy is to give them a chance to make the transition from "helpee" to "helper".  They may stumble a bit, but making mistakes also helps them "learn how to teach".

Thanks for reading
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Paul M.

Wow, excellently put. You actually read every post?

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Yampa Bob

I should qualify that, just in the General and HO sections, I rarely visit the other sections. I'll edit my post.

Thanks
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

jward

bob,
i feel the purpose of these boards is to share information. we all come from different backgrounds and thus have different knowledge to offer. i personally have been impressed by your knowledge, and the overall tone of the posts here. unlike some other boards, everybody is respectful here. it really helps when we all have access to this kind of knowledge....

thanks for being an integral part of it.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

boomertom

I generally look at any post that peaks my interests and frequently those you have had responses from those whom I have come to respect.

I follow the general, HO, On30 regularly and the N and Plasticville occasionally.

I hope that my replys and new topics have been responsive and/or thought provoking. I think we are a great group and respect each others opinions and behave like ladies and gentlemen unlike some forums where my choice of the E-Z Command DCC causes me to be treated as a second class citizen.

Thanks to all for mutual respect.

Tom
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

Rangerover

Quote from: boomertom on March 22, 2009, 11:56:52 PM
I generally look at any post that peaks my interests and frequently those you have had responses from those whom I have come to respect.

I follow the general, HO, On30 regularly and the N and Plasticville occasionally.

I hope that my replys and new topics have been responsive and/or thought provoking. I think we are a great group and respect each others opinions and behave like ladies and gentlemen unlike some forums where my choice of the E-Z Command DCC causes me to be treated as a second class citizen.

Thanks to all for mutual respect.

Tom

Laughing my butt off!!!!!!!!

Hey Tom I get into it too with these guys on other forums, they get upset, I keep my head and say things like "I'm sorry you feel that way about Bachmann" it blows them away. I think Bachmann got a bad name years ago when some loco's for $8.00 would quit after 2 hours running and are still considered "toy train company" by some. Well thank God for Bachmann and Thomas the Train products and sets. We need the toddlers and youngsters interested in this hobby to carry it on. My first train set was a wind up with a key loco, I was about 5 years old back in '48. Well like I always said, you can't beat the price of a Bachmann DCC Loco, whether diesel or steam and their customer service is the best I've seen.

Let them keep bashing, I keep having fun running Bachmann, I also buy the better more expensive loco's, I like'em all!