What HO scale Figures of people and animals is everyone using on their layouts?

Started by Robertj668, March 22, 2009, 04:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNE Runner

John - Thanks for the Aussi website...worked great! I'll have to add it to my favorites and consider ordering from them.

Take care,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

rogertra

Quote from: CNE Runner on March 26, 2009, 08:35:06 PM
Terry - cowboys were pretty rare in upstate NY...outside of the occasional circus or wild west show. I have numerous pictures of the late 1800s and people wore pretty simple clothes. Of course almost everyone sported suspenders and a hat and ladies wore full-length skirts. The dandies used to wait at popular trolley stops so they could catch a glimpse of a lady's ankle as she boarded the tram...ah, simpler times.

Happy trails partner,
Ray

If you look at photos taken of "cowboys" in the 1800s, you'll see that the vast, vast majority never dressed anything like they do these days. 

The "cowboy" dress of today is purely a fiction created by the movies.

train with no shame

i agree woodland scenes .my gf picked up some cool figures .on our mountain we have some rock climbers . down on the lake.in the middle theres a boulder and a couple sitting there, hopelessly in love .also some fishermen .also up on the mountain a couple of log cabins  with lights and smoke. we found also the bear up in the woods stalking the guy sitting across the log taken a dump .also she pickup the outhouse .down in our industry .she has a little park with the kids flying kites . all found just from hitting different hobby shops taking a drive on a  sunday . she has went nuts on the figures . she doesn't use every pcs in every package . she might see one or 2 pcs that help with the scene she is developing . the other half of our train room is devoted to her scenery . i have tried and tried to upload pictures on this site but always file is to big or already full contact admin . but the cool part is that we are both into it . i don't know all the history of the trains i do some but the fact is .we all create it . she wants to keep it wholesome but humor if you really look .peace to all ....... theres alot more out there than the mags and cats offer .

Steve Magee

Um. I'm not sure this should be posted here, but it is figures in HO from a respected European model manufacturer. Especially as these figures are animated. I have chosen one page with the least salacious example .... :)

You have been warned:

http://www.viessmann-modell.com/en/produkte/sorte.php?id=8&sprache=2&gr_nr=2&typ=bewe

CNE Runner

Steve, you answered a question I have had for six months or so. About that long ago, I visited a rather large layout in Georgia. Our host handed us a clipboard containing a piece of paper with 10 or 12 blank lines and instructed us to list anything unusual we saw on the layout. Some of the items were easily found whilst others were not. After we had all turned in our lists (there was a T-shirt prize to the person that found the most items), our host showed us all of the "irregularities". Most of the scenes were either hidden on rooftops - or one had to look through windows. We asked him where he found such "scenes" and he said that would remain his secret. Well...his secret is out.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

OkieRick

I'd like to find 200 or 300 head of cattle for a little Santa Fe station called "Hulah."  I'd like to do a simulation of a cattle yard loading up a Steam train of cattle cars headed north for KC or Chicago.

Twice a year cattlemen from this area of OK and KS swarmed the station to get thier beef to market by rail.  This was at the turn of the century when big ranches were going great guns here.  The Hulah story is interesting - I'll try to find some good info on it.

Rick
Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

train with no shame

hey okie , i used to live in ottawa ks . and have seen the delivery in the stock yards by the governors exhibition hall in kc.k . they would off load them and take them to the iowa beef packing company in emporia ks 60 mi s of topeka . also dodge city they hearded them from around garden city ks . one of the few cattle drives .  where they used actual cowboys on horse back .i would like to here and read the history when you find it .peace to all   mark f

Pacific Northern

Quote from: johnca51 on April 12, 2009, 11:07:24 AM
Hi,
Have a look at http://www.trackdownunder.com.au/ thay have hand-painted and un-painted HO and N scale figures and animals at reasonable prices. They are here in Australia but given the US dollar is currently worth around $1.30AUD it is worth buying and paying the postage which would not be much on such a small item.
The Woodlands Scenics and Prieser figures are really expensive here and I have found these to be good value.
John from Aus

The HO people are available on E-bay. There are a couple of vendors selling these sets of painted and unpainted figures.

Would be ok for background figures, would not use for closeup viewing.
Pacific Northern

train with no shame

may i say it was like a once a year deal . kinda like a show . like a history reenactment