Things I know about model railroading................

Started by WoundedBear, March 26, 2007, 05:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoundedBear

...........as I sit here putting a fresh band-aid on my thumb.....

1: .016" drill bits love the taste of human flesh....thumbs especially.

2: If you have the track nail jar open, you should have a large magnet handy as well. (That would be band-aid #2....lol)

3: A mountain made from Hydrocal and Sculptamold is no better than one made from Plaster-of-Paris and Poly-Filla......it just costs three times more.

Anyone else?

Sid

SteamGene

The C-clamp is always set either too open or too closed.   This is especially true if the to be clamped items are in a difficult position.
Derailments occur in the worst places, or the worst times, or both.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Atlantic Central

The probably that the train will jump the track is increased by the square of the number of people watching.

tiny

Anymore just seeing it. :(  And that's wye i went to ON30!!!!.. :) AND BACHMANN MAKES REAL NEET STUFF!!! That dont cost an arm & leg!!!
  tiny.
DIRECTOR OF IMPORTANT STUFF

Jim Banner

Kadee coupler springs can jump into the fifth dimension.  I've lost enough over the years that I should  be knee deep in them.  But once they jump away, they NEVER EVER show up again.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

jayl1

...and as Jim says - small screws join the coupler springs in never land.

SteamGene

Wait a second.  When I'm looking for the lost screw I always find a coupler spring.  When looking for the coupler spring, I find a screw.  Never look for what you want.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

WoundedBear

Quote from: atlanticcentral on March 26, 2007, 06:29:46 PM
The probably that the train will jump the track is increased by the square of the number of people watching.

Also by the value of the locomotive and cars. ::)

brad

Trains will run FLAWLESSLY until a visiter comes.

Dull blades will aways cut you the deepest and hurt the most.

Things put away for safe keeping will remain that way... FOREVER.

There will be a day you open a box and it will be like Christmas all over (see last rule)

The amount of trouble, headaches, heartaches and just plain old greif a turnout will give you is directly affected by how hard it is to reach and how much it is used.

There will always be someone who knows more than you and some that think they do.

Dragging a double deck autorack  behind your 10 wheeler will always raise a rivet counters blood pressure by 10 points.

Having a Thomas engine pulling a freight train will make him pass out, but the kids will love it

You'll always find that slight kink in the track.. after you've ballasted.

Kids will ALWAYS ask "How fast does it go?"

The best thing a model railroader will ever hear is "That looks so real"

cheers
brad
I drempt, I planned, I'm building

Seasaltchap

Checking to see if some glue has held - is probably too soon!
Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.

Hunt

Stephen D. Richards

Atlantic Central

Stephen,

Definately, steam locos in particular must be bought in pairs and diesels in set of three or more!

Sheldon

David(UK)

The cost of what you buy for your Railroad is inversely proportional to what your financial controller allows you.
Regards
David(UK)
Rail Baron of Leeds

Stephen D. Richards

Sheldon, and I thought I was the only one!  lol    Stephen