Westside Model Company Heisler

Started by Yorkie, March 27, 2007, 02:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yorkie

About two months ago, before the new message board, I asked for information on the No. 3 Heisler made by Westside Model Company which is a brass model of the Heisler No. 1041 built for the Westside Lumber Company in 1900. I had seen it in an antique shop and was interested in buying it.

After getting some very helpful information at the time from: Tom Milam, Tiny, and Glenn Joesten, I finally bought it last weekend. It's in nice condition complete with two sets of trucks (for choice of On3 or O tracks) and came with the original box. I paid $275.00 which seems reasonable based on the information you provided. Thanks for your help.

Charles Wordsworth 

tiny

You did good kid, $275 is good......Now go have fun with it!!...... tiny
DIRECTOR OF IMPORTANT STUFF

glennk28

I think you'll enjoy it.  I have had two--both traded off for locos that more fir my plans--As I recall, they have an open-frame motor, which I replaced. If you haven't yet gotten into brass detailing, this one lends itself to a small project of building a backhead and some cab interior details. It will take some freelancing as the gear toweris partially in the way--but the big cab windows show off all that is not there.  Have Fun!  If you have any questions along this line, feel free to contact me off list.