News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Operation

Started by Salmon, March 27, 2007, 03:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salmon

I am a complete neophyte to the hobby and my wife purchased a trainset for Xmas with a DCC on board 2-8-0.  Is there any documentation that tells you what capbilities an engine should have with a factory decoder.

rikc9

Quote from: Salmon on March 27, 2007, 03:47:50 PM
I am a complete neophyte to the hobby and my wife purchased a trainset for Xmas with a DCC on board 2-8-0.  Is there any documentation that tells you what capbilities an engine should have with a factory decoder.
Look inside the box.  :)
Is it a Bachmann? You did not say and I do not want to assume. Also you can search the 'Net using the brand and type of dcc locomotive. I bet there is a lot of info.

rikc9

Salmon

Thanks for the url.  I thought their should be some directions but neither my train set, Bachman Frontier, or the EZ Command had this documentation or anything else that addressed what functions should be available for that loco.

EMCRyCo

If your 2-8-0 is a Bachmann, it probably has an EZ Command decoder. Look at the decoder. Does it have black heatshrink around the decoder? There should be a product number like 44915 on the heatshrink.

This site has a manual in pdf format at http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ez/index.php.

Hope this helps.

Didrik