News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2 new dcc equipped 4-4-0's will not respond

Started by ysmwad, April 27, 2009, 03:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysmwad

I have 2 new Bachmann Spectrum 4-4-0's, DCC equipped that seem to accept the long address from my NCE Power Cab controller, but do not respond at all.

HO-Ron

Did you set CV29 to 34??? That is needed for extended addresses.
HO_Ron
Regards, Ron

ysmwad

ysmwad

I tried changing CV 29 to value 34, keeps comming back 255?

HO-Ron

Quote from: ysmwad on April 28, 2009, 03:00:25 PM
I tried changing CV 29 to value 34, keeps comming back 255?

I have searched the WEB for an answer to this and have not found one. The only thing that I can think of is that the programmer is in register or page mode... and not in direct CV mode.... ????

Sorry that I can't help more than that..

HO_Ron
Regards, Ron

pdlethbridge

If you look to the left of this page, there is a column for different places at Bachmann. Go to EZ command and open up the 1 amp decoder instructions. Maybe that will help.
I also have a 4-4-0 and a NCE power cab.
When all else fails, I put the cab in prog/esc and program track ( 4th click of prog/esc )
Then choose 1, standard program set up. After the decoder and maker are Identified then comes the short address, choose an address
then press 1 to accept the address, do the same for a long address.
This info is on page 46 and 47 in the NCE manual.
If you get an error, read the box on page 47
Hope this helps.

ysmwad

I used the page mode and I could hear the decoder responding to the various CV commands, but no response when selecting the long address. I went back to the mfg short address and they both run. I cannot change from short address to long address. I'm thinking of replacing the mfg decoder with a new decoder on one to see what happens. ::)

pdlethbridge