News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Colorodo Roads

Started by Dusten Barefoot, April 27, 2009, 05:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frisco

Quote from: Chatzi473 on May 10, 2009, 07:36:22 PM
To bad it is just the bumble bee and christmas ones.
Tell me about it. This is the second time they've done a Blueline run and still no black! I won't be buying a Christmas one, and although I might get a Bumble Bee one I would really prefer a black one, preferably #268. I guess I'll just have to start saving my money for that lovely Accucraft one.

Royce Wilson

Hey, break out the old airbrush and bash that bumble bee into a early C&S engine. I purchased one of the first run and paid about a hundred bucks more than what they are going for now and besides the flanged dome version was hidious. I have since replaced the domes,repainted and shortened the somkebox to reflect the C&S number 30 around 1902.

Its been a lot of fun! :D .

sure wish Bachmann would consider putting a mogul running gear under that IF 4-4-0.

Royce Wilson

Royce Wilson

Forgot to mention that I used one of Xeonon model pancake stacks on the number 30 conversion. it was finished off with the fancy entertwined C&S logo on the cab and the large 30 on the tender. I will unload a photo when I can figure this photo loading out!

Royce Wilson

Frisco

Quote from: Royce Wilson on May 11, 2009, 11:20:23 AM
Forgot to mention that I used one of Xeonon model pancake stacks on the number 30 conversion. it was finished off with the fancy entertwined C&S logo on the cab and the large 30 on the tender. I will unload a photo when I can figure this photo loading out!

Royce Wilson
Okay, I would love to see the photos of it. If you want help with photo uploading, just send me a email, friscoryan1522@hotmail.com

Chatzi473

that would be cool i would like to see how that looked also.

oh and some new shots of the C&S 71 are posted at this link

http://ngdiscussion.net/phorum/read.php?1,127859

I still think she would make a good engine. For On30. Note she has a wagon top boiler and her tender is different then the c-16s