Don't you think it is about time for something more.......EBT or WPY?

Started by Dusten Barefoot, April 16, 2009, 03:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatzi473

WP&Y is also really the mane attraction for those tourist that come visit Skagway anyways BACK TO MODELS

I think WP&Y would make a great idea for models. They had a wide variety of narrow gauge locomotives and rolling stock. From the earlier models of locomotives like 4-4-0s, 2-6-0, 4-6-0, and 2-8-0s, all built for the WP&Y, yes some look the same as other bachmann rolling stock but for those all they have to do is make new ones with new lettering, and maybe change a few details on the locos them self. Make backdated versions and modern versions for each loco so the appeal for more then just one railroad while still having one with the original look.

here is a list with Pics of early WP&Y steams

http://narrowmind.railfan.net/WPYR/early-steam/early-steam.html

here are more WP&Y steamers from the 40s and that showing the 2-8-2s and then engines like the ET&WNC 4-6-0s that went up there, with a little modification the new 4-6-0 can also be a WP&Y one also. WP&Y also had outside frame 4-6-0s that can give possibilities for an American looking and south american looking engine also.

http://narrowmind.railfan.net/WPYR/late-steam/late-steam.html

I know for Bman to make all the 4-6-0s and 2-8-0s perfectly like they where would be hard to make and sell but If they get ideas that can work using all the different verity of engines that WP&Y had and make one engine and then its up to us to make it fit for us.

do stuff like a 2-6-0 with the back driver behind the ash pan, do a backdated version and a modern one. They did have modern version of them also. If they do stuff like they even with locos they already have it will add i great variety of engines for us modelers to work with.

Make the 2-8-2s like the WP&Y 70s, the Sumpter Valley Railroad's engines where not to much different then them. Then make ones with lettering for the made up logging lines and other railroad that can work for others too.

that is just my 2cents

ossygobbin

(Its obvious that everyone wants a K class mikado)

not everyone, i dont

ebtbob

Good Evening All,

This has been an interesting thread .    If you think about the original thought that Dusten promoted,   WP&Y or EBT mikes,   you can see how the On30 workl can be used as a cheap man's On3.   2-8-2s from any narrow gauge railroad would be big engines in On30 unless someone has the space to have a railroad with radii from 26in and up as I do in my basement.   Also,   2-8-2s can dwarf cars like the ones that Bachmann offers although,  in my opinion,  I do not mind the size difference.
      Interestingly enough,  there is more and more equipment showing up in the On30 world that would be used with the larger On30 equipment such as the MMI K27s etc.   Switches from San Juan and Micro Engineering.   EBT caboose kits from Deerfield River,  and freight cars from Accucraft(I think) are but a few examples.
       So.....wish away folks.   If someone does EBT engines of any size,  I will open up the purse strings and support the economy!!

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Nick_Burman

For me, none of the above... a 2-6-2 or 0-6-2T or ST...RFSL management is EAGERLY waiting for one!

Cheers NB

Chatzi473

I think the lack of a big engine that is not in the $400 range in on30 keeps people out from modeling on30. I do not have the room for a big engine on my layout but I can see people who do have the room not modeling in on30 because they have not big power for their layout. Or even just more 2-6-0s 2-8-0s or 4-6-0s like other medium sized engines or even a bigger shay or a heisler. You can't model a narrow gauge mainline railroad like DRGW, C&S, ET&WNC, EBT or WP&Y or any of the ones that we have in our imagination with just a few small porters and that.

Linzthom

HEISLER  !!!!!
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

darryl1936

Linzthom

You may think it is dead, but I'm getting materials together to start building one.  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
I'm going to live forever; or die trying