News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

maine two foot

Started by ossygobbin, April 28, 2009, 05:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossygobbin

just to balance the other guys postings.

this is for people who want more maine two foot models.

come on bachman anything will do.

jpipkin

A small 0-4-4 would be nice!

Dusten Barefoot

I did have one called Maine-acks :P go figure someone took it the wrong way and deleted it.
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

ebtbob

Good Afternoon All,

If the Maine two foot style railroads are to your liking,  Mount Blue Models has any number car kits you will like.   Deerfield River also offers retrofit car kits to be used with Bachmann On30 equipment.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

wade

I'm rooting for an outside frame 2-6-0 or 2-6-2.  I have done many Mount Blue kits (and love them) but haven't done any Deerfield River kits. How does everyone like the Deerfield River kits?
Wade
Wade

ebtnut

I'd love to see a model of the Sandy River's "Old Star".  This little outside-frame 2-6-0 was built for a Carolina logging road but apparently never turned a wheel there.  She was sold to the Sandy River and the big star on her smokebox plate gaver her the nickname.  She was later rebuilt into one of the Pararies by the MEC.  Couldn't locate a pic of her on the web; sorry.

Tarheelrrds

That North Carolina Road was Laurel River & Hot SpringsRR only 2foot RR in NC.Here is a link to a story and picture of her.
Alan Ashworth

http://tinyurl.com/c7sdmd

John Tumolo

re: Deerfield River kits-I highly recomend them.  I have built no less than four of the On30 Bachmann replacement bodies, a 36' version of the SR & RL Rangeley parlor car, a 36' version of the P & R RPO-Baggage car,  a 36' WW&F Vassalboro, and a 36' WW&F Taconnet and each one was a breeze to build.  Admittedly, all 4 were direct body replacements, not stretch bodies.  Each one was well thought out, much like the Mount Blue kits, and  following instructions was not a problem.  Well worth the money, and in the case of the WW&F Vassalboro and Taconnet,  a much appreciated addition to my little bit of Maine in Pennsylvania.  John Tumolo  Britcarfan@aol.com

ebtnut

Tarheel:  Thanks for posting that link.  Isn't she beauty?

SRRL Maine

Hi,

I vote for more Maine stuff, I would like to see a SMALLER Forney.
LOVE the Bachman Forney, but they where large engines and compared to say the Monson engines or SRRL #10 or KC loco's.
I would buy 2 or 3 at least.
Also worth mentioning is the kit for #19 SRRL coming from Victor's in England.
for everything On30 and Maine
Cheers,
The Brass Hat for D&K RR
(Darling & Kingsvile RR)

Tomcat

Hi there !

The Deerfield River Laser kits are pretty made, good constructed and fun to build. As John already mentioned, they are thought out pretty well -I can by heart recommend them, for sure!

Personally I would love to see a SR&RL No.23 come to life again in model form.
Love this somewhat K-27´ish looking Lokie...

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

railtwister

Hi Terry,

How did the Victor's loco run? From the photos, it looks like the axle gear is the same diameter as the wheel treads, which would mean there's no room for a cover to clear the rails at a turnout (I've never been a fan of open gearboxes). Other than that, the loco looks pretty good, though I'm not sure I would trust my ability to assemble a kit like this...

Regards,
Bill Nielsen
Oakland Park, FL USA
Florida On30 Renegades